How will the future after Dilma affect expats?

The weekend has come and gone. . So what was the subject du jour? A possible military  coup.

Some have suggested that a military action might be the best thing right now. Others remember all to well how it was the last time.

Since it was before my time, I did some research and found this excellent article on the subject:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne … -fall.html

I really think there is little if any chance of military intervention following possible impeachment of Dilma and/or Temer. While there certainly many Brazilians who are advocating military intervention most of them weren't even old enough to remember the era. Older Brazilians seem to be dead set against the idea.

My gut feeling is that the Tribunal Superior Eleitoral will find a way to revoke the mandates of both of them for electoral fraud which will force a new federal election. Clearly that would be in the very best interest of the nation, since it would make it easier to do a full housecleaning, and get rid of a whole lot of corrupt politicians in one go.

Should that happen, I see little change for us expats, other than probably being saddled with more taxes. New elections might actually serve to stabilize the economy a bit and perhaps prevent further job losses, which certainly would help expats working here.

Cheers,
James
expat.com Experts Team

I agree with you,

The article points out that after the last takeover, legal safeguards were installed. Further I really don't think the military wants to go there again.