English teaching requirements/advancement

Hello folks! I'm still researching this question. I apologize because it's a bit tiring and typical perhaps. I've been teaching in Tokyo for years. I came here with an M.A. and got into universities with no English background or credentials. I've been a uni teacher for 13 years here. Now, for various reasons, I'm considering moving over to VN. I got the feeling that no one would care about my M.A. or my experience so I am augmenting myself with a 60-hr online TEFL. I hear jobs really like the CELTA. I don't have the time for it. My question is the same as Rodney Dangerfield's: will I get any respect? I know I'll make less over there. But how much less is the question? What kind of salary is possible in VN? Any jobs, like at an international school, that will respect my academic credentials and experience? What I do in Tokyo i extremely easy and non-challenging. I'd like a challenge and I like helping people. I feel I have academic and existential worth. My question is what kind of situation is likely IYHOs? Is this a recipe for misery or are there reasons to hope some situation might be happy. What are reasonable salary expectations? Thanks folks!

to clarify: M.A. is international studies, non-teaching related. So, I would like to feel all my credentials and years of teaching English matter when coupled with a teaching certificate. That someone would value it. But I also am ready for the reply that there's no value to it and I should forget getting a slightly better position than a B.A with a CELTA?