SUBMITTING PAYMENTS FOR PERMITS AND PASSES NOW ONLINE

Hi Lovelies, Kindly note that from today, payments for Entry Permits and Passes applications will now be acceptable online. All applications and payments are to be made from the following site; https://fns.immigration.go.ke/

Also note the following messages from immigration:

ONLINE FOREIGN NATIONAL SERVICES
This is to inform the general public that the department is in the process of having all foreign national services go online. To ensure smooth transition we shall start to pilot with the permits and passes applications from 1st march 2016. You will be notified later when the other services like Alien Cards, Permanent Residency (PR) and Kenya Citizenship applications will commence online. Please note accordingly.

WAIVER OF VISA FEES FOR ALL CHILDREN UNDER 16 YEARS FROM FOREIGN COUNTRIES.
The Government Of Kenya has waived visa fees for all children aged 16 years and below who are accompanying their parents to Kenya. Effective Date 1st February 2016.
If you have an immigration agency assisting you, note that the immigration agency can apply and process payments on your/ your company's behalf.

SOURCE: IMMIGRATION DEPARTMENT OF KENYA

What happens to existing applications - will these still be processed?

Yes, all existing applications will still be processed as usual.

Is there a large number of outstanding Kenyan Citizen applications awaiting processing?
How long is it likely to take for an application made 6th January 2014 to be processed?
My wife made an application for a Kenyan Dependancy Pass on the 12th January 2016 and we are still waiting for this to be processed is there a delay with processing these also?

In my recent dealings with immigration, it seems to be taking 3 months or so for applications to be processed.

I have been informed by the agency who I used, that citizenship applications tend to stall and they had clients who had waited for over two years. I also had rumours of people who had bribed in the region of Ksh 500,000 to get this more quickly!

Yes, there are a large number of outstanding Citizenship applications awaiting processing. Immigration has stalled these applications for OVER 2 years. Reasons have been various, and it has been quite frustrating for many applicants. However, this year, they started processing the citizenship applications up to the approval stage. The final certificate can only be signed and given out by the Director himself. This is where the delay is at the moment. Applications seem to be stalling at this stage.

Dependent Pass applications usually take 2-3 months; however, with the help of an agent, you should be able to get the Pass within a month. ***

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : no free ads please