Facilities in Balzan/Attard

Depending on my job (may be working in B'kara) , if my husband and I move over we are looking at whether Balzan or Attard would be a good place to live.

To get an idea of what we would have nearby, can anyone tell me what facilities there are in these areas? I'm particularly interested in what would be within walking distance. Would we have the following?

Shops
Farmer's market
Restaurants
Parks
Bank

I'd be grateful for any comments or suggestions for other useful things you know of in the area!

Much appreciated

I currently live in Attard and you will have all of these facilities within 20 minutes walk. Attard and Balzan are very quiet compared to other areas, so choices for certain things is limited, but other areas are easy enough to travel to.

Shops - A few small supermarkets great for daily needs. We use M4 a lot as they have an excellent meat counter. Big Shops can be done online if necessary. Lots of little village shops. There is also a new large retail park opened up on the border with Mosta (PAMA)

The Market at Ta Qali is close by

There is not a massive selection of restaurants in Attard, more on the border with Balzan and San Anton Gardens, but those there are, are very nice.

The national park is reasonably close, as is the aforementioned San Anton which is very nice. Mdina & Rabat are a short bus ride away (not so much a park)

I can think of at least 4 banks within 15 minute walk of Attard centre.

It is very nice to walk around to places, but  some might even think in Malta 20-30 minutes to walk somewhere is a long way, and in the summer you definitely need to keep hydrated.

My wife and I are moving to the coast as it is closer to work, and we do feel torn as it is lovely in the three villages of Attard/Lija/Balzan and there surrounding areas Naxxar/Mosta/Birkirkara all offering something different.

I can't tell you how helpful this is, thank you so much. What you are describing sounds ideal to me.

I've heard other people mentioning the lack of walking in Malta and I know I'd have to be careful in the hottest months, but I prefer walking to cars and buses. Great to know that we'd have a few things nearby.

Thanks again and good luck with your move.