Oman enrty permit/work visa processing time

i would like to find out how long it takes to get a entry permit/work visa for employment in oman as i have just signed and offer letter and handed over all the documents requested by my employeer?

Hi kamaaa,

All the details pertaining to your query are already available in the forum.

Please check the same.

Hello Every One,
I would like to request all of you pls . suggest me , my original documents is being with them from last January 2015 n still they said we are trying for your visa but it has not yielded good result except for waiting patiently it cannot help. Am waiting from last one year, pls. suggest me what should i do ?

Hi kuldeep_singh81,

Getting a labour clearance for companies (to hire an expatriate) is a huge challenge, as you are well aware now.

The only thing you must now try and get are your original certificates back from your prospective employer. To leave your original certificates with unknown people for so long is itself a huge mistake.

Somehow try and get your original certificates back. That would be more important for you, since there is no certainty of getting the labour clearance now, as your employer has been trying for 1 year unsuccessfully.

Also, be aware that in 1 year's time the employers priorities may change, as the market dynamics change.

Hi Sumitran,
Thank you so much for your valuable advice.

Please how does Oman employment visa look like ...was given one but dia is no pics on it ...he said I can use it to enter that at arrival I will b given original wit pics inside ...please how true is that

Hi Fohiss,

Visas in Oman do not carry any personal images.

Before responding to you, I did a simple google search for images of Oman Visa.

How hard is it really for you to do the same ? You can clearly see what an Oman Visa looks like there.

At the arrivals lounge there is a Visa Counter, from where you can collect your original visa, by producing the copy of the same. It will be exactly the same as the one you will be carrying. What you will be carrying is the copy of that original visa.

I was given s multiple entry employment visa and in this there's no pics in it... Its just my passport details and work details ...please if you have whatsapp please give me so as to send the copies that I received ...am doing this so as not to fall in this smart guys hand thank you

Fohiss wrote:

I was given s multiple entry employment visa and in this there's no pics in it... Its just my passport details and work details ...please if you have whatsapp please give me so as to send the copies that I received ...am doing this so as not to fall in this smart guys hand thank you

Hi Fohiss,

It seems like you have not understood what I have told you earlier.

Google and see what an Oman Visa looks like. It's as simple as that.

And, if you have received the visa from your employer from whom you have received your Offer letter and your Employment Contract duly signed by the company's authorized signatory, (and not from some ' employment agent' or 'manpower coordinator'), then in all likelihood your visa should be genuine.

Hi,

There isn't any in-genuine VISA's. to make it simple for you. What we all at least most of us got a Black & White photo copy of the original Visa along with a copy list for having that Visa being deposited in the Airport Visa Control counter on this list copy there is a OMAN AIR printed and its logo. One needs to have both this copies. Once you reach/landed arrive at the VISA counter which is before the immigration collect the VISA only which is Pink and white colour proceed to immigration counter to get your passport stamped. And then you are in OMAN..that's it.
I hope it is clear now to you.
All the Best to you!!

If I send d pics of d visa here can ppl see it??

Yes that's a better idea, but however you need to have the deposit slip also which you need to carry along with you here when you travel it will be mentioned as "CUSTOMER CARE UNIT" or something like that. or best speak to you the PRO of the company that is hiring you and ask them for this paper copy. Because this is something like clearance to board the flight to Oman.