Dependent VISA to join me in Brussels

Hi,
I have a query regarding Dependent VISA.

I am here on Work Permit(Work Permit validity - 20 July 2015 - 19 July 2016) and reached Brussels on 13th Feb , 2016. Initially my work duration was 1 month so my company refused to initiate dependent VISA. Now my company has extended my stay here and i can initiate dependent  VISA.

I have got these documents legalized in India :
1. Birth certificate of my wife
2. Our marriage certificate
3. Police Clearance Certificate of my wife
4. Medical Certificate of my wife

As soon my stay was extended , i initiated my Residence Permit here on 29th March'16 . I have with me Modele 2 form and have also got Rent agreement(French copy) only on my name which i got it registered at 54 , Rue de Regence. I have sent original copy of registered rent agreement to India along with Copy of Modele 2.

As per document list , i am ready with the documentation , rest all document my company will provide.

My query is :
1. Should i file dependent VISA process in New Delhi or wait for my police verification to get completed at my residence in Brussels ?
2. Is there any way things can be done early within a month's time as i see that it takes 5-6 months in VISA processing ? How to avoid case being sent to Belgium embassy in Belgium.

1. Should i file dependent VISA process in New Delhi or wait for my police verification to get completed at my residence in Brussels ?
--> I assume you are using modele2 in the place of residence permit. As the rent agreement is already registered, you dont need to wait for police verification of the address (as it is just a part of your RP creation process). But if the consulate or VFS says you need RP itself (if they dont accept modele2), then we must wait for the RP.

2. Is there any way things can be done early within a month's time as i see that it takes 5-6 months in VISA processing ? How to avoid case being sent to Belgium embassy in Belgium.
-> It is the discretion of consulate weather to send the file to Belgium or not. You can ask to expedite the process if there is a valid reason and you can prove it by documentary proof (for example your spouse has a university program and the university provides a letter stating she must be here by mm/dd/yyyy or so). Other than these exceptional cases, I dont see a way to influence the file handling.

aneeshks wrote:

--> I assume you are using modele2 in the place of residence permit. As the rent agreement is already registered, you dont need to wait for police verification of the address (as it is just a part of your RP creation process). But if the consulate or VFS says you need RP itself (if they dont accept modele2), then we must wait for the RP.

-> It is the discretion of consulate weather to send the file to Belgium or not. You can ask to expedite the process if there is a valid reason and you can prove it by documentary proof (for example your spouse has a university program and the university provides a letter stating she must be here by mm/dd/yyyy or so). Other than these exceptional cases, I dont see a way to influence the file handling.

I understand your point , my wife is also working , she will be joining me for around 3 months from May to July. We can provide only NOC from company that she has leaves approved for this duration.
Will it work ?
Yes, I am having Modele 2 . Was just concerned since the attacks that happened in Brussels that they might check whether police verification has been done for me or not and if not they just send file to Belgium.