Certified US teacher seeking job Punta Cana area

I am a liscened, certified teacher in the United states seeking a job in Punta Cana, Higuey or surrounding areas for the 2016-2017 school year. I have 10 years experience in special education, reading, mathematics  (up to geometry) and Theatre. My passion is teaching theatre arts (this was my masters degree). Any leads/information would be helpful.

Welcome to the forums.  Have you been here before?  Why do you want to work here? Do you have residencia and your cedula? OR  will you require a work visa sponsorship?

As a teacher here, I've heard you can make all the way up to $200-300 per month.  Usually it's better to make your money in rich countries and send it in poor ones.

Planner is right you need your residency and cedula or a work visa in order to work here.

Before you make the leap you need to come and spend some time to see if the DR "fits"  you and  your lifestyle.

And colonel is also correct in that pay scales are very low here.

BObK

Colonel once again you are reporting what you "hear" and it is incorrect!   

Teachers on a very basic starting level make  300 a month.  And it can go up to  several thousand dollars a month,  depending what school you work for, your qualifications etc.

Public school teachers make the least amount of money. Private school teachers  are in a completely different league!