San Miguel del Allende

Seeking others in/around San Miguel del Allende...  Been in other spots,  enjoy spending days in Yelapa, south of Party Vallarty.  Now,  seeking weeks to months in a place like San Miguel.   My interests are Plein Air painting,  art.   
Would appreciate some suggestions on where to hole-up,  understand downtown "Jardin" locale is a place to start.   Also,  was told a small adjacent village has highest number of  Mexican brujas,  sorcerers, shamans in all of  Mexico.   Would like to know name of this place.
boomerbeach in  BackBay Newport  Beach ..  The O.C.

I'd kinda like to know that adjacent village too, and my wife and I have been here in SMA for over 2 1/2 years. We are part of the Alt. Health community and my wife is a Holistic Chiro. We know energy healers and such. We live out of town, off the grid in our dream house with 5, currently in our menagerie.

The Square, or Jardin is the center of it all, in El Centro. It is the postcard pic you see of the church, and can be quite active, with different events. The Parque Jauarez is active too, with Art Shows and such frequently. Pick up the Atencion Newspaper as soon as you get here for all the activities.

It is an Art, Music, Health type of place with great eateries and lots of family type festivals, but not so much of a party town from what I see. The sidewalks are rolled up at ten much of the time. That said, one can find a party too, I am sure.

I recommend the hot springs (a few of them) and can be more specific by email. **

Moderated by Christine 8 years ago
Reason : For your security, please send your contact details through your private message system.

R -  Thanks for your reply and comments .. It just occurred that my remark regarding such a village out of SMA,  may have come from my perusal of the SoCal mystical rag,  "Awaken" many moons ago...  I will backtrack, call the mag to rediscover.
Funny, just read a similar net comment regarding a village out of Veracruz.  BTW,  a google about such a village near SMA yielded nothing....  I'll be in touch if/when I find same.
Thanks, BB in BackBay, The O.C.

Oops,  that was. Awareness mag instead

HELLO,

Not to be impersonal, but I will paste, below, a letter I sent to various 'Home Rentals' in SMA.
I was hoping you could give me some feedback.... such as are my expectations are too high, or if they are easy to find. My impression is that where I live now is (maybe) the most expensive area in Mexico, and that I should be able to do as well or better, rent and facilities wise, in SMA.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello,

I am an American Expat currently living in Akumal on the Rivieria Maya.
I am looking to relocate to San Miguel de Allende.

My move will be predicated on whether or not I can find the type of rental I desire.
I am looking for a LONG TERM RENTAL. Something available for a year or more.

Based on looking online at annual weather averages, it seems a house
might need both heating and A/C. Is this so?

I have a wonderful 10 lb Chihuahua living with me.
I am looking for a large 1 bedroom or 2 bedroom unit.
I am 62 years old. It is just Chubacca, my Chihuahua,  and me.

My priorities are:

1) Chubacca is allowed.  I am prepared to put down a healthy pet deposit.
Chubacca is house trained and absolutely NON-destructive.

2) An excellent Internet connection (Cable or WiFi)

3) Satellite or Cable TV available

A washer/Dryer would be a big plus.

I am looking for something located where I don't need a car.

I am hoping I can find something for $1000 US or less/month, utilities INCLUDED in that budget.

When I move depends on when something I want becomes available.

Please feel free to contact me and ask any questions you like.

Thank you.

Larry
xxx

your desires and expectations are very reasonable for San Miguel.  Finding a pet friendly one bedroom for under $1,000.00 all included, especially long term, is very possible, especially if you don't mind being a 20 minute walk or so from the heart of the historical center.  So many expats have pets here that a dog friendly casita or apartment is not at all hard to fine.  The most important thing is to research the Colonias(sections) of San Miguel so you end up where you want to be - among friendly Mexicans and expats in a clean, safe area with bodegas and good neighbors. And by the way - almost no one has heat or air conditioning.  Many have fans for the 2 months(mid April to Mid June) that you might need them, and heat is restricted to room heaters or fireplaces in almost all houses and apartments.  Even in January and February the temperatures go up to 75 during the day, though they can easily hit the 40's at night.  We absolutely love living here, and I think you will too! Good luck!

I agree with the comments on San miguel
I moved here a month ago and found a long term place 2/2 for under 950 in a great area
Plus I have a cat
K