Important notice for Vietnam visa - 30th March

please never come to vietnam with a tourist vissa, never use the tourist visa at any reason if you will stay a long time in Vietnam,...
+ The Business visa:
It is so easy and cheap to get a visa extension without leaving the country: 3 month, 6 month, 12 month single Or multiple entries
You only need the original passport for the processing.
According to the new policies from the authority in our previous posts, please pay high attention on the Vietnam visa to avoid the problem which will happen with you again in the future.
If you will leave Vietnam and come back with a visa approval letter at Vietnamese international airports, Mocbai ground border … and you want to stay a long time in Vietnam without worry about law changes of government
You please obtain a business visa (the category: DN)
The procedure to obtain this visa is so easy; it is the same with the procedure for a tourist visa
You only need the passport copy.
The fee for business visa wills a little more expensive than tourist visa, but it will be easy and cheap for you to get a visa extension without leaving the country in the future.

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : No free ads please + register in the business directory

Caveat Emptor (yet) again...   (Let the Buyer Beware)   

..or should we be more careful of black holes..?          :unsure

I hope I don't get Hung up on this...

Emily - As you understand it, when a 6-month DN visa is near expiration, where should the DN visa-holder go for an extension ? Can you recommend (offline) a knowledgeable agency ?

Is that extension for 3 months only, or a further 6 months (like the original visa), or is 12 months possible ?

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : No free ads on the forum please. Register in the business directory so that members may contact you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

How long before that post gets deleted? Any takers?

The actual costs for visas and extensions are in this link close to the end:

http://thuvienphapluat.vn/van-ban/Thue- … 93645.aspx

Any thing above those costs are pure profit to the visa sellers. And the people that do business with them at those ridicules prices are the reason that the cost increases for everybody else. Don't blame VN immigration. In addition here's the link to their  website with the cost break-out. Then look at what they say for a 12 mo multi and what she says she's changing in her post above. Note that it was updated on the 16 of March:

vietnamvisainfo.net/

Rick

Many thanks for this info. Much appreciated.

Budman1: Great info, thanks. Do you know of any updates on the fee for the one-year tourist visa now available for Americans? I was quoted $460 PLUS the $135 stamping fee that is noted on line 2c of the second table in your link. Thank you!

-JohnD- wrote:

Budman1: Great info, thanks. Do you know of any updates on the fee for the one-year tourist visa now available for Americans? I was quoted $460 PLUS the $135 stamping fee that is noted on line 2c of the second table in your link. Thank you!

Please read my post again a re post your request here the correct thread:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=562887

The NA isn't even voting on it till Saturday the 9th, from there who knows ....

Rick

Thanks, Rick!

Thanks i needed this info.

samarabbas51212 wrote:

Thanks i needed this info.

The way visa laws change here you may want to check it, as this thread is two years old.

yes i am making plan to come in vietnam. kindly give me your best advice

samarabbas51212 wrote:

yes i am making plan to come in vietnam. kindly give me your best advice

He already gave you his best advice: "The way visa laws change here you may want to check it..."

Check with a visa agent, NOT the people who post opinions here.

Correlate & cross-reference!   Not all agents are as honest as big John...      :o

my cuz (vietkieu - no VN passport etc) just got a years biz visa 3 mill without leaving the country in Nha tTrang. not bad

FIRST-HAND ACCOUNT (Update):

I finally arrived in Hanoi last night (30 Aug 2018) at Noi Bai International Airport from the USA on a new, 1-Year Business Visa done through a Visa on Arrival (VOA) agent.

It is a DN adhesive visa stamp, and my passport was further stamped by the final Immigration entry officer with a note that I am approved to stay through August 29, 2019.

It is a "multiple entries" visa, so I can theoretically come and go as I please for a year, though an immigration officer could ALWAYS deny me re-entry for any reason they choose.

The visa approval letter I received contains that caution, as do the websites for the Vietnamese Embassy and Consulates in the USA.

So, even though two other VOA agents said there is a hold on Business Visas, mine went through.

Yet, though this is current info, I agree with those who say the visa laws and enforcement of them can change overnight, or quicker.

#GoodMorningVIETNAM!

:D

Is there a line on your Visa indicating that  "Duration of stay does not exceed XX days for each entry" ?

Ciambella wrote:

Is there a line on your Visa indicating that  "Duration of stay does not exceed XX days for each entry" ?

No.

1. On the adhesive visa stamp itself:

Date (30/08/2018) and place (Nội Bài) of issue are noted to the left.

Then, from the middle to the left:

Visa number (*) and category (DN) listed. Under that:

Valid from (30/08/2018) until (29/08/2019). Under that:

Good for single / multiple entries (across from which is imprinted in Bold Italics: "Multiple entries"). Under that:

Issued to the holder of passport "number" (*). Under that:

"Length of stay is subject to permission of Immigration Authority". Under that:

"Annotation" of FEE PAID 135 USD, stamped in RED on the adhesive stamp. Under that:

My full name and lots of numbers spread across two lines of type.

[All of the above had been completed by the visa on arrival approving officers when the passport was returned to me, before proceeding to the immigration officer for formal entry.]

2. On the facing blank passport page, the actual immigration approval officer at the point of entry made a handwritten notation of "29/08/19" in a PURPLE ink stamp reading, "Permitted to remain until __/__/__" 

In addition, that same immigration officer at the point of entry stamped that same passport page with a BLUE ink stamp reading:

"30 AUG 2018", surrounded by a plane symbol, the number 234A, the words "VIETNAM IMMIGRATION", the words " NỘI BÀI" and something similar to the return symbol on a keyboard.

That's it.

(anyone reading this far should realize that first, the issuance of your visa is approved, and then, your entry into the country is approved. THE FIRST APPROVAL DOES NOT GUARANTEE THE SECOND APPROVAL. They are two distinctly different steps).

"Length of stay is subject to permission of Immigration Authority" means the entry officer can limit you however he/she sees fit, regardless of what your visa says.

You aren't in with certain limits on your stay until you pass through the point of entry.

OceanBeach92107 wrote:
Ciambella wrote:

No.

Good for single / multiple entries (across from which is imprinted in Bold Italics: "Multiple entries"). Under that:

"Annotation" of FEE PAID 135 USD, stamped in RED on the adhesive stamp. Under that:

[All of the above had been completed by the visa on arrival approving officers when the passport was returned to me, before proceeding to the immigration officer for formal entry.]

2. On the facing blank passport page, the actual immigration approval officer at the point of entry made a handwritten notation of "29/08/19" in a PURPLE ink stamp reading, "Permitted to remain until __/__/__" 

In addition, that same immigration officer at the point of entry stamped that same passport page with a BLUE ink stamp reading:

"30 AUG 2018", surrounded by a plane symbol, the number 234A, the words "VIETNAM IMMIGRATION", the words " NỘI BÀI" and something similar to the return symbol on a keyboard.

That's it.

(anyone reading this far should realize that first, the issuance of your visa is approved, and then, your entry into the country is approved. THE FIRST APPROVAL DOES NOT GUARANTEE THE SECOND APPROVAL. They are two distinctly different steps).

"Length of stay is subject to permission of Immigration Authority" means the entry officer can limit you however he/she sees fit, regardless of what your visa says.

You aren't in with certain limits on your stay until you pass through the point of entry.

Isnt this the DN business visa, not the American one year visa. I see on another thread you mentioned it being a business visa.

Maybe they are still issuing out of Viet Nam, in Viet Nam they are not wanting to do it.

colinoscapee wrote:
OceanBeach92107 wrote:
Ciambella wrote:

No.

That's it.

Isnt this the DN business visa, not the American one year visa. I see on another thread you mentioned it being a business visa.

colinoscapee wrote:

Maybe they are still issuing out of Viet Nam, in Viet Nam they are not wanting to do it.

Maybe?  :lol:

Yes, ON TOPIC with the OP, as I've made clear in  EVERY (multiple) post about my visa, it's the ONE YEAR, MULTIPLE ENTRY BUSINESS VISA (Category DN) for UNITED STATES CITIZENS.

The 1-year TOURIST visa for U.S. Citizens is different.

Why are you trying to get a U.S. citizen visa? I thought you are an Aussie?

I mean, how would you personally, first hand, know for certain what visas are available for U.S. citizens, in country or abroad, unless you have gone through the application process yourself?

There is a lot of hearsay on this subject on these threads, specific to visas for U.S. citizens.

It wouldn't surprise me, however, if U.S. citizens in-country on tourist visas are having problems converting those visas to U.S. citizen DN Business visas.

Cheers!

I have a 5-year visa for free, dont need a 1 year visa. Just keeping up with the rules as they change so often. 😀

17 -3 -2019 I left Vietnam moc bai to Apply a new dn multi Visa. Next day they told me I was blacklisted. The Vietnamese Ambasade in phnom phen said the same but could not tell me why and how long. So I confirmed my dutch Consulaat that got after one week informing that it was not a Black listing, it was a visa violation. They didn't told them also why and how long. Only th day 2018 in mei. In that time I had a dn visa one year from a new company. Same company could take my out for 3000 usd and gave me a 3 months dn multi visa. 29 July it's done. 6 weeks ago I apply to another travel company visa on Arrival and they told me me they couldn't do it again a visa violation. This time they wanted 1500 usd. I'm busy with my lawyer for a TT visa . Need to regonize my 3 years old daughter from Vietnam including a dna test. Not sure the procedure will be on time for us and have to leave vietnam or pay crazy amounts.