Apartment/House to rent in Bordeaux

Hi

Looking for a 2/3 bedroom apartment or house to rent in Bordeaux. Our kids go to the international school so it would primarily be used just in term time, our youngest is too young to live alone so my husband or I will be there with them. Can't go through an agent as they say it won't be our primary residence so we are a bit stuck and can only go via the private market.

Hi Smiffymob,

Welcome on board  :)

Could you please drop an advert in the Flats for rent in Bordeaux section of the website ?
It will be much easier to contact you if ever members have offers to make.

All the best,
Bhavna

Hi there,

I found an English speaking agent in Bordeaux (in Chatrons) and basically, because we were not locals (we are Australian) we put cash on deposit with a bank for the 12 months value of the rent  The bank then issued a bank guarantee and everyone was happy - they amended the lease from their usual lengthy terms but I think this got around the local "rules" in dealing with a foreigner.

If you want a referral to the agent and if this type of arrangement were to suit, let me know and I'll provide details.

Regards,

Ross

Hi,
We are looking at renting in Bordeaux for a year and would be interested to know about this agent/your experience.
Many thanks
Vicky

HI Ross

Thanks for your reply. If you could let us know the agent that would be great.

Many thanks
Richard