Good neighborhoods in Thessaloniki?

Hi All,
New here. I am from Bulgaria, hubby from Norway. We are planning to move to Thessaloniki in 2-3 months. We work freelance, so we don't need jobs. We are in our mid 40s.

We are looking for a nice, safe neighborhood with not so crazy traffic and possibly not too difficult to find a place to park our car (my husband insisted on me asking for that :) ). We need 2-3 bedroom furnished apartment/maisonette. If it is not far from the water would be nice, but not a must.

We've been to Greece many times, so we have a fairly good idea what Thessaloniki looks like. For some reason my husband doesn't like Kalamaria and Panorama seems too far and maybe too expensive.
One of our options is Peraia, but I would love to live IN the city, not in the suburbs.

I've looked at a few pages for rentals and it is not a problem to find something decent for a good price, the question is-where?

We need stores, cafes, hopefully a local veggie market (and where to park the car, let's not forget about the car :) ).

So, which ones are the neighborhoods you like most?

I know it is subjective, but I just don't know where to start looking.

Thanks in advance.

Hello Peach Augustine

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I invite you to drop an advert of your search in the Housing in Thessaloniki section of the site to increase your chances to find a nice rental.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com

Hi Kenjee and thank you for your answer :).
I don't need to find a rental, I need an information on which neighborhoods people can recommend :). Finding a rental in Thessaloniki is not hard. The question is where?