Lahore: 72 people killed in suicide bombings

Hello everyone,

72 people were killed in suicide bombings on Sunday night in a crowded park in Lahore, in the East of Pakistan. Official sources related that the target was a Christian community celebrating Easter Gulshan-e-Iqbal Park, near the city-center.

The attack was claimed by a Taliban faction. Most of the victims, including 36 men, 7 women and 29 children, were Muslims. At least 300 other injuries were reported. Thus, a three-day mourning was declared in the Punjab province of which Lahore is the capital. Parks and public gardens, as well as commercial areas, are closed.

The Taliban faction has also threatened to commit more similar attacks in the future. This time, they will be targeting the Pakistani army and government infrastructure, as well as schools and universities. You are therefore advised to be careful when moving around the city, whether you are already on the spot or you are planning to travel there.

Our heart goes out to the families of victims of this attack. To each one of you, stay safe and pay particular attention to any safety measures in the area.

This is heart breaking , such a barbaric attack  unbelievable lost of lives.
Pakistan is suffering from these animals attacking innocent people from last ten years . To say these animals were targeting such group is not true .being a resident of Lahore and a social  observer my opinion and fact finding are different . These animals were cornered by Pakistani army for a long time now for the retaliation lthese animals are just throwing themselves on any thing they get a chance like few years back they attacked school children with out any reason .
This park is full on every Sunday cause this park is only one with a lot of rides in Lahore that's why a lot of children love that park.
My heart goes out to victims of this tragic attack. Please pass on info of the attack as is , its already hearting us and breaking us , all I know my country men are paying a price of somebody else sins. The sins of those people how had created Talibans and then make them a monster by  empowering them with funds and guns . God will not forgive them and as per victims their blood will not go in vain.

Killing kids to make a political point - What a set of barbaric idiots.
One can only pray these fools see sense and/or the Pakistani government kills as many of them as possible.

this topic will attract a lot of political views on the forum, it was later in the years when people disagreed with the government decisions, its getting better and hopefully will continue to get better than before. it was mostly to lower the mental pressure those in opposition that get such problems which they are unable to resolve. also this happens when people pressurise others into doing things which they doer doesn't feel is correct for them.

Closed