3 month visa extension no more

Hi Katie, what length business class visas are available, 3, 6 and 12 months ?

Thanks for your answer Kate

Yes, we have decided to leave but dont know yet if we will come back to a country where we appently are so un-welcome

You can get business visa from 1 year to 3 years with a sponsorship from a Vietnamese company.

It's strange that the agents told you they cannot extend your visa as you only arrived with your first 3 month visa. As far as I know, if you come here with a 3 month tourist visa, you can extend 1 time 3 month tourist visa. Only that 1 time extension and you will have to do visa-run to get another 3 months visa.

you can extend but only for 1 month, then after that you must do a visa run. it is ridiculous. a visa run after 12 months of extensions was a good policy but this new one is no good.

Hi Ngan

You are maybe right in what you say about getting a visa extension first time but who knows with all the confusion here  - we have lost all confidence in Visa Agents in Vietnam and see them as vultures and scam artists.

Unfortuntely Vietnam will see many expats leaving cause of these agents + the horrible visa Circus going on here - My advice to others : Never use Visa Agents if you can avoid it and def never trust them ...

I live in Hoi an and was unable to get a 3 months extension. So I had to take the Bus to Lao Bao
Out of Vietnam into Laos get in out stamp 1000000 Vnd  Back to Vietnam DON"T FORGET YOU NEED LETTER (ORIGINAL) Get new 3 months Vietnam Visa 600000Vnd
Back on the Bus to Hoi an
What a day
17 hour day

Questions and answers about visas

Ask your question
Where to get Vietnam Visa Extention in HCMC
By 726dbr
3 Year TRC (Temporary Residence Card) without work permit
By charmavietnam
Visa transfer to new passport
By Jetlag777
Visa to Vietnam from America! !! Is it true?
By reds_196
Visa Questions
By blagman08

Expatriate health insurance in Ho Chi Minh City

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Ho Chi Minh City

Moving to Ho Chi Minh City

Find tips from professionals about moving to Ho Chi Minh City

Travel insurance in Ho Chi Minh City

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Ho Chi Minh City

Flights to Ho Chi Minh City

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Ho Chi Minh City