Moving to Nepal with your family

Hello everybody,

When settling abroad with your spouse and children, the expatriation process requires an extensive preparation.

What are the considerations to take into account when moving to Nepal with your family? What challenges have you faced? How did your children adapt to their new environment?

What is your recipe for a successful family expatriation in Nepal?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience,

Bhavna

Kathmandu is at the wrong end of every list of livability.  Environmentally it is one of the worst.  Do you want your child to breathe the third worse air in the world?  The noise pollution is horrific.  An infrastructure that just barely functions.

Ditto .... Kathmandu is one of the most polluted cities in the world ! The infrastructure doesn't function and they have to rely on a 500 yr old water system that is defunct and not maintained..and medical treatment is far from adequate not to mention Nepal has one of the most corrupt government in the world that STILL hasn't released billions in aid for earthquake victims,furthermore with India imposing blockades and embargo you never know when there will be another fuel crisis and everything becomes exponentially more expensive !  Earthquake and after shocks are a daily concern now days . These are just off the top of my head , I would never move to ktm with family but I might if I had the money build a secure house somewhere in a village on a hill with solar and a generator ..

I am moving to Sauraha,Nepal in July with a business visa.  what should i know about getting my money there?
thank you
Coranne