Moving to Bahrain with your family

Hello everybody,

When settling abroad with your spouse and children, the expatriation process requires an extensive preparation.

What are the considerations to take into account when moving to Bahrain with your family? What challenges have you faced? How did your children adapt to their new environment?

What is your recipe for a successful family expatriation in Bahrain?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience,

Bhavna

Hi, Bhavna,
In my experience, the first thing to do is to be very careful about searching out housing.  If you want to live around others of a particular culture, others with children, play areas, schooling, etc....I'd get with a real estate agent for help.  Some areas are better than others in providing play areas or are near the schools you might prefer.    How quickly children adjust, seems to me, to be dependent on age.  The younger, the easier in my experience.  But many with older kids have adjusted just as easily here.  Depending on the ages of your kids, you might have to do a bit more research (I'm talking about those difficult pre-teen, early teen years that are difficult at any time in any part of the world), to keep them occupied, but again, school helps with those.