Living in Cali

Can anyone help with information about Cali? Cost of living, safety, everyday life in general.
I've heard different opinions about the safety issue. How is it nowadays?

I have been to Cali back and forth since 1991. It is hot, not very clean and dangerous if you don't know where you are.
It has become a safety problem because of lack of employment.  Thief and robbery is pretty common. Police presence not the best.

Cost of living is relative to your income and location in barrios from # 2 to 6. 6 is the high end.

Best areas is the north by Chippicape or the South.

I live in Medellin.

Good luck

My wife's family lives in Cali and visiting there over the last decade, it is advisable always to be alert - but I feel as safe or safer there than when I lived in Memphis, TN USA for 15 years.  There are places in Cali just as in Memphis, that are best avoided.

Barrios in the south like Ciudad Capri and Ciudad Jardín are attractive and safe.  The barrios in the oriente not so much, and stay away from Siloé in the west.  In general barrios that are estrato 4, 5 and 6 will present a better environment.  There is little danger in travel during the day to almost any part of the city - but you should not call attention to yourself with expensive electronics or jewelry or the like.  This is true anywhere in Colombia.

The cost of living is low, not at all expensive.  In everyday life Cali is a bustling, economically active city with by far the majority of the people honest, hard-working and just trying to make a living for themselves and their families.  Most make under $3 million COP/month and nevertheless admirably maintain a healthy and happy outlook on life.