Moving to Mauritius with a child with special needs

Hello, my husband and I are looking into moving from the UK to Mauritius. We have two children age 7 and the other 20 months. Am a Dental hygienist and my husband IT accounts manager. Our son has special needs (Dravet syndrome) so we need to be near a hospital and special needs school. And hopefully get our daughter in an international school. What is the best place to live especially in our situation ?, it is easy to find personal assistant for our son? What is the arrange cost for the move first year settlement? Is it easy to find work or set up a business? Any help will be highly appreciated.

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Publicity not allowed on the forum!

I have sent you a private message. You may wish to have a look at this link for further help.
http://www.mie.ac.mu/home/categories/sc … tment.html
Regards
Vedan

Hello Donatella,
I came across your thread, I see that it is from 2016 but I am wondering if you managed to find anyone/anywhere who could help with your son's special needs schooling and care?
We are looking at moving to MU from South Africa but as our 3 year old son also has special needs due to his epilepsy we are trying to make sure that there would be the right facilities available for him there first? Mainly schooling, doctors and therapies such as physio, speech and occupational therapy
If anyone else has any advice on this please could you let me know
Thanks

Hi Donatella,

All the services you mentioned are available in Mauritius either in clinics or private practices and there is an epilepsy health service center and other groups working towards re-education.
In addition there are specialized schools for children with special needs. However many of these services are mostly centralized and not found all over the island.
Therefore, your location will determine access to treatment and services.

The best place to live is in the North, and the school which has a great teacher trained in special needs is in Moka. It is an International school, and many of the parents live in the north and run a car pool.
If you want to come to Mauritius, go to the Board of Investment website www.investmauritius.com.
It will guide you through the steps.
Anyone in Mauritius is allowed to form a Company.
To do this is easy.

Go to Number One Cathedral Square Pope Henessy Street Port Louis.
On the left is a staircase leading down to the Registrar of Companies.
For Rs 2000 they will provide you with a names registration application form.
Register the name of your chosen activity.
3 days later once the name has been searched and approved you can register your company.
This takes 3 days.
Once it is registered, take the extract of file to the Bank and open a bank account.

Then you simply manage your Company, which will invoice your clients, who will pay into the Company bank account.
You control the bank account and therefore the money.
The Company will pay 15% tax.
You will need an accountant, and he will also act as company secretary.
Mauritius financial year end is June.

Hi

Could you clarify which school in the North this is?

Moving from Canada with my son who is 5 and on the autism spectrum.

Thanks
Jennifer

http://www.anougrandi.mu/

try them

Hi,
Can you let us know which school is it in Moka?
Thanks,

jill4949 wrote:

The best place to live is in the North, and the school which has a great teacher trained in special needs is in Moka. It is an International school, and many of the parents live in the north and run a car pool.
If you want to come to Mauritius, go to the Board of Investment website www.investmauritius.com.
It will guide you through the steps.
Anyone in Mauritius is allowed to form a Company.
To do this is easy.

Go to Number One Cathedral Square Pope Henessy Street Port Louis.
On the left is a staircase leading down to the Registrar of Companies.
For Rs 2000 they will provide you with a names registration application form.
Register the name of your chosen activity.
3 days later once the name has been searched and approved you can register your company.
This takes 3 days.
Once it is registered, take the extract of file to the Bank and open a bank account.

Then you simply manage your Company, which will invoice your clients, who will pay into the Company bank account.
You control the bank account and therefore the money.
The Company will pay 15% tax.
You will need an accountant, and he will also act as company secretary.
Mauritius financial year end is June.

There are different schools in Mauritius but I think the one one Moka is Le Bocage

School in the north is Northfields