Restaurants in Khobar

@reachmum: for really good notrth Indian food, you wouldnt go to the sfancy places, they serve their bland variety! *yuck* comes to mind. there are some smaller places where you can get some amazing fare though!
@BTBM: the best seafood, soul Kitchen, good food, excellent ambiance, and the best part is the fish is fresh! Taya is not a seafood restaurant in any sense.

reachmum wrote:

Lol there is a restaurant "queens of India" Managed by Filipinos i guess. Food is not good, they even charge you 4 times for a small bottle of water. Service at its worst, cant even give a single star *.

It is not owned by a Filipino. According to the owner, he prefers filipinos workers due to hygienic purposes and he assures that the cook is authentic Indian and comes from South of India.

Hi guys,

any new and intersting place to go to?

charmed :)

I was reading this forum and I became really happy. All these proposals represent a great oportunity for holding an interesting social live. May be for the "Arabian citizens" I will do some stupid questions but not for a foreigner, is possible to get a beer at any of these places? local girls must wear abaya but foreigners? I can not remember all my questions because I have thousands. Anyway this forum has been a fresh water splash this morning.

ManuelGomez wrote:

is possible to get a beer at any of these places?

No.

Hth.

there is no place like Surf "N" Turf, tel: 8494001

facebook.com/#!/pages/Surf-N-Turf-Restaurant/169358776436772

Outback steak house!
fantastic place!!

good food, excellent drinks, and a good interior as well. a bit more pricier than steakhouse and applebees, but a bit more flavours. and the signature Onion thing.. WOW! the lemonade as well, simply great!!

I rate the place high.. very good indeed! :)

Cheers!
RG

whoops i forgot, the place in the corniche, next to burger fuel. opposite to Le meridian.

and for deserts alter, if you have the place for it, BR is just around the corner in the same complex!!

No one has mentioned Mangiamo's, located next to Surf N Turf. Outstanding interior and food. Even the Bachelor section is extremely well done. Walter, the Executive Chef, is Italian and Cordon Bleu trained. Most pasta's are house made and the Gnocchi is to die for. The salmon melts in your mouth.

Save room for the deserts (also house made). There is a separate "party room" for you ladies that can be completely closed off so you can get comfortable.

Try it, you will not be disappointed. It is my favorite restaurant in Khobar.:cool:

(Moderated)

Hi, ate at Mangiamo Ristorante and Pizzeria (King Faisal Bin Abdulaziz Road Coastal Road 03 849 4050) yesterday. It was great, wide variety of dishes on menu, wonderful ambience and reasonably priced. Scored a 5/5 with my husband and I.

Hi, ate at Burger fuel and Red Goblin is spot on when he says the burgers are BIG. Definitely worth while as far as fast food goes.
Bamboo Kitchen in Dahran Mall does really good startes, espescially the dumplings!

best italian is l'olivio .... far best than any.
second is la caravella

Good Chinese place!

if you guys in khobar have notices, there are a few restaurants opened up in the past couple of months.
Fat burger at the very end of the corniche road opposite tot he police station. The burgers are good, but then they are still burgers.

Taco bell - the place opened up next to chillies, TGIF, Pizzahut on the Corniche itself.- i dont think it needs any explanation

There is a chinese place opened up on the building next to the fat burger joint. good chinese food, something that was difficult to get here in khobar. Its nto too pricey, and excellent decor and a great place to have a good slow dinner.

Burger Stop in Khobar is also excellent! Located by Ramada on Corniche. USDA Angus beef, chilled and minced on premise. Fresh cut fries and housemade onions rings.

is TACO Bell  opened already? i tried to go before 2 weeks and it was not open yet.
who tried it here?

@kossay: its open alright.. but some of their signature dishes are missing from the menu. or perhaps I have had a different menu.

Yes it's open now. I had lunch with some friends today. The cost is reasonable and the food is genuine Mexicano ..... But the place is little modest let me say

Bundoo Khan is also good.. its near Khobar Cornish road..

I don't know about Taco Bell. Ate there last week, got hungry again in 1 hour lol.

Anyone been to 'Uptown966' restaurant yet? on the Corniche next to Bossini and CityMax. Very relaxing. I went there for breakfast twice with my family. Modern furniture and all. As of food, their pancakes and omelets are good. :top:

Is there any thai restaurant in the Area?

I'm a huge foodie (words just can't explain), so much so that I travel for food. I moved here to KSA for work and was hoping to find good food in khobar, given how many expats we have here. Needless to say, it's been quite disappointing so far.

Background info: I lived in the US before moving here, and I do not consider Chilis and Applebee's as restaurants (not trying to sound c*cky). I respect good, family run places; most turn out to be places that you hear from fellow epicureans, and at times on yelp/travelzoo/urbanspoon or similar websites.

I went through the previous posts and found the following restaurants recommended (which I have not tried yet):
Surf n turf
The Perk
Previ Italian
Patis France

I've tried the following so far, and my rating (on 10) and feedback:
La Caravalho - Italian, 8 (good ambience and food)
Copper Chandni - Indian, 7.5 (food is decent)
Maharaja - Indian, 6.5 (bad light, food is so so and pricy)
Fusion sushi - 7 (good ambience, food is ok...!)
Burger stop - Burgers, 7 (chicken burger is certainly not bad, fresh cut fries are good)
Baraka - Chicken, 6.5 (alternate to KFC, not bad)
Uptown - international, 7.5 (good ambience and food, pricy)
Pizzarific - pizza, 7 (Rakah location has no seating, good price for what you get)
Mozon - shawarmas, 7 (small & gets super crowded during lunch, price is good)
And a few other insignificant ones....

So, hopefully the others can provide their 2 cents and update the list.

Cheers,
Hash

I have tried Piatto in Riyadh and i would rate it 9/10 (food and ambiance wise) I guess they have the same service and food in their branch in Al Khobar.

@Redglobin
A great place for breakfast is the Baguette next to Tamimi on the corniche. I dint like there lunch or dinner menus, but there breakfasts are pretty good. Again not sure if it will be open on Friday mornings. ofcourse its not a breakfast buffet, but the items in the menu are pretty good.

Yes, I agree with you! Infact I completely forgot about this place. No, they are not open for breakfast on Friday.
However, other days they do a fantastic breakfast. I highly recommend the bakery too, on the left of the entrance. YUM.

Kia ora...

We gave the world the:
haka ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7M6WHw645lE

The All Blacks
Vegemite

Sir Edmund Hillary
World's first Registered Nurse

The man who split the atom ...Ernest Rutherford
Frank Holmes (Abu Naft)

World's best dairy products and meat
and now....................BURGER FUEL

Burger Fuel is fantastic! .. Haere mai!

I am not saying this because it is a NZ company, but the burgers (genuine NZ beef) and chips (fries) are just like from back home...de - li - cous.

This place has become really popular in Khobar, as Saudis love and appreciates a mouthwatering burger. It is extremely popular with the expat crowd from down under and now lots of North Americans hang out there. (Sorry McDonalds you just don't cut it).

Highly recommended for an informal chilled out lunch. Check out the iconic motifs and relics from NZ; it is sure to puzzle, amuse and educate!

Enjoy your kai and don't let your puku get too overloaded.

Te Reo Maori:
Kia ora = hello
Haere mai = welcome
Kai = food
puku = stomach

I am amazed no one's mentioned Brasa yet. It claims to be a Brazilian place and is located in Khobar Corniche, on the road past Sofitel.

They are famous for their buffet in which they serve 18 varieties of meat.

Its worth a try as its different.
150 SAR/Person

Yes, I am amazed too because:
1. They are not famous
2. It is not authentic Brazilian
3. If it was genuine Brazilian they would be specializing and promoting their delicious national dish, Feijoada, but they don't.

That says a lot for a restaurant that claims to be Brazilian.

Therefore we don't dine there.

I am personally not a big fan of Brasa
Dined there twice and their food is almost tasteless :)