Kerry man looking to relocate to Canberra with family.

Hi Everyone,

in the process of attaining a state spnosorship visa to ACT. I am an architectural technician with 11 years experience primarily in irish residential. I am hoping to move with my wife and young daughter. My wife is recently qualified in childcare.
I guess I am not sure what to ask - but I could do with advice on job searching and getting sponsored.

I read that the majority suburbs around canberra are great to live. Any advice on an exceptional area with reasonable rent to start off.

Any views would be much appreciated.

regards

ed

Welcome to Expat-blog, Ed :)

To have general info about Australia, view the "Life in Australia guide" and read the articles "Tips for getting financially set up in Australia" and "Living in the country".

It might help, while awaiting a response from members.

Regards,
Sheetul

Hey kerry man hows going,, not sure if ur in Canbera now but anyways,, im from Waterford im a bricklayer been living in canbera for sometime living in vietnam at present awaiting visa for ozz,, Canbera is boring in terms of night life and things to do but  work its d best place in ozz,, dosent mtter where u live in canbera from north to south it takes bout 20mins bye car,, in sydney can take up to 2 hours plus,,,,family wise canbera is a great choice,schools,jobs,and easy to get around...... i will be bak in canberra in few months time ,, and theres loads of irish there also , canberra is the place to be for work and the highest paid occupation jobs paid there,, wen u get there stay at a hostel an and look around for apartment,, braddon is very central,, but if u have work organised maybe a gud choice to live in d  suburbs like i did lived and worked in a street for  few months.. hope dis info is ok any doubts mail me bak,, my brother lives there at present as a electrician and i have lots of friends there

Cheers Eoin

Thanks for posting and sorry for long delay in reply.

I would love to say that we are in Canberra but this visa process is ridiculous and it looks like it could take at least another year or more.

It looks like canberra wont see us for a while unless people would recommend coming out and trying to attain sponsorship..!!

regards

ed