Considering Moving to Kenya - Cost of Living

I am considering moving to Nairobi, Kenya on a job offer in a Top Management position in a company. I am an Indian. My basic requirements will be a 3 bed-room apartment in an upscale living area with adequate security and comforts. I will also need to have a car with driver, a servant-cum-cook and a security guard (probably).

I want to know as to how much I would need to spend per month for above amenities at a reasonably high level.

Further, whether it is possible to employ a servant-cum-cook who can cook Indian food?

Welcome to the forum tuldha :)

Your discussion has been redirected to the Nairobi forum for effective networking.

Hope that you get reply soon from members.

Regards

A 3 BR apartment, furnished, will cost you USD 1000+ monthly in an upmarket area. Make sure that water and electricity availability is guaranteed (generator).
Cars are very expensive in Kenya, due to high duties. Count on 50% extra as compared to India.
Reliable drivers are available. Check with the Indian community in Nairobi for references. Salary expectations in the USD 250 range. Cooks with Indian food skills are around, again, check with the Indian community in Nairobi. All Indian food ingredients are available.
A guard is likely not required, as all gated compounds employ security companies, and this is included in the rent.
Dining out and nightlife is good, and not expensive.

I think all that is possible at a reasonable price.