Close

Just moved to Kampala

I just arrived this past week from the states.  I am having some furniture made but it is nicer and more substantial than I really need.  I have a small garage for which I'd like some rudimentary shelves to organize tools and the like.  Where can I get this?  I've seen plastic type shelves at the Nakumatt but they're a little high.  For nearly the same price I could get solid wood hand made bookshelves, but that seems like over kill.  So my questions are:

Can you get used furniture (or anything) here?
Do expats / missionaries / embassy folks have a place where they would buy / sell / trade?
Anything else related I should know?

Thanks

Welcome to Kampala.  Most expats sell unwanted items on Facebook groups such as Kampala Expats, (there are three groups of this) and Mzungus in Kampala.  Do a FB search and you will find the groups.  I hope you find this useful.

I don't know if this is still useful for you but it can be for others moving to Kampala. There is another forum where expats (and locals) sell used stuff. There is also other relevant info and networking opportunities with other expats. Here is the link

Moderated by Christine last week
Reason : please avoid promoting external link
Moderated by Bhavna last week
Reason : Please drop an advert in the Housing in Kampala section. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Questions and answers about Kampala

Ask your question
Cezarij
Civil Engineering
By Cezarij
pirimars
shipping from USA to Kampala
By pirimars
Amira ahmed
Vaccination
By Amira ahmed
c.mendes
Business travel to Uganda
By c.mendes
DAREK LA SHERIFO
Excited to move to Kampala on October this year :_)
By DAREK LA SHERIFO
Behave Nicholas Nuwamanya
Kenyan want to work and settle in canada. How?
By Behave Nicholas Nuwamanya

Expatriate health insurance in Kampala

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Kampala

Moving to Kampala

Find tips from professionals about moving to Kampala

Travel insurance in Kampala

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Kampala

Flights to Kampala

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Kampala