Expat musicians

I"m a blues harmonica player from NY. I've been playing over 45  years. Singing longer.
Looking for some expat musicians, mostly into Blues Rock, as it provides me with a lot of opportunity to play the harmonica. I've fronted many bands over the years and just looking for some talent, with similar interests. Please contact me if you are interested in playing some Blues.

Have you tried going to Greenbelt here in Makati?

I know a lot of local musicians, and harmonica players, blues players etc.. Filipinos. But, they seem to have their own niche and it's really hard to find any musicians in the Tagaytay area. I'm working with a local Filipino, who is the top harp player in the Philippines. I'm hoping I can work something out with him, at least practice and share knowledge, but I'm looking for expat musicians from the states. I met one, but he's  a complete nut job, overzealous religious extremist. He's on disability for mental disorders, so you can imagine what it's like working with someone like that. Music is an intimate and very emotional thing. When you play with other musicians you actually bond, exchange energy and soulful parts of your being. That being said, I'd rather not do that with someone with mental issues. It's hard enough for an individual to keep their own head together in today's world, especially in the music industry, where it's a cutthroat venue of managers, egos, etc...without having to deal with a nut job, which would involve getting intimate with a crazy person. Thanks for the suggestion, but I've been there, done that. This is my last effort to find an expat with any talent, interest in the blues. Someone from England would work nicely. I've been singing since I was 6 years old in school, church, plays, and professional bands, where I was the lead singer, harmonica player. I have been playing harmonica for over 45 years, and consider myself in the top 10% of pro harmonica players. I've been in duos, trios, full choruses where we performed at Carnegie Hall, and I had a solo part in the chorus. I have fronted full on rock bands with 2 guitars, keyboards, bass, drums and singing harmony etc...I especially enjoy doing JGeils stuff, Magic Dick etc....Paul Butterfield, John Mayall, Charlie Musselwhite, old blues too, Jimmy Reed stuff especially. Looking for motivated musicians who want to go for it here in the Philippines and take it wherever it goes from here.

thanks for the reply,

Rich

Hello.

If you are in Makati, I can introduce you to a number of expat bands here.  I have one band who plays blues.  If you are interested to meet them, inform me when you are going to Makati, preferably Saturday nights when I normally meet them to watch football/soccer.  Yes they are British.

Really, way cool. Can you tell me how long they have been playing. Older guys, experience etc...This sounds great. I live in Tagaytay, but surely will make the trip. As long as they like harmonica. If they are into blues rock, then they have to have some interest in harp. Can you tell me anything about these guys? What instruments they play, where they play etc....I really appreciate your reply. Thanks a lot.  Will stay in touch. Let me know if they are interested in meeting a harp player, singer etc..from NY. I grew up in New York, but I'm also a surfer and traveled all over the US, up and down both coasts, and lived in Hawaii for 7 years. etc...Thanks a lot.