Immigration Visa to US for Filipina spouse

Anyone had any adventures involving this subject? Want to petition US for Immagrant visa for my spouse. What I have read is I can petition for my spouse while I am here in the Phils, or do likewise when I am back in the US for a few months (my wife remaining here in the Phils for the interim; she has never been to the US). Apparently a rather lengthy process either way. I have been researching and have a some familiarity with forms and documents needed and so forth.
Any experiences, suggestions or thoughts on this subject much appreciated.

If you stay 6 months or more you can apply direct in u.s embassy in manila, its called dcf ,  its a quick process

Thanks. I wasn't sure what advantages. Fact is I do have the SSRV visa here, so that should qualify me. My only concern doing it here is if I miss out some important doc in the US that I need for the embassy process in Manila. Thx again!

Check u.s embassy site, you can get the info you need, and if you have facebook join in k-1 visa journey, they have some filipina process dcf, and they will help you a lot  there,

Joined. Thanks!

There is also another group on FB that has some good insights on it: Asawa World. You need additional proof you and your wife have lived together at least 6 months in the Philippines like a joint lease or utility bill and your (or both if you traveled together) airline ticket stub(s). Any events you went to together and have ticket stubs may help too. - Steve

Thanks for those suggestions. Should not be a problem as we have been together three  years and married almost one year now. So you gave me my next chore; to start gathering those ticket stubs, wedding pix, photos etc. Plus she will soon be receiving her ITIN as that request went in with my latest tax return. Thanks again

New topic