Health and the Environment AKA Dog Droppings.

Are we living in Budapest or Poodapest,  just a question about SOME people's lack of care in dealing with having a city dog.
In keeping with some environmental questions I would like to bring up the issue of lazy pet owners not cleaning up after their dog's in the city.
In the 7th district there are several streets that must be avoided at all costs due to droppings being left on the sidewalks.
Always a problem but in warm weather it is rather more then just disgusting, it is also a health issue to humans and other pets.
I know there are many dog owners who do pick up after their pets, not an issue the issue is those who do not respect their fellow  humans and should not be allowed to care for any pets in my opinion  as they lack the skills to care for them properly.
Has anyone else noticed this problem in their district?
I have not seen this nasty habit in several districts such as in the 5th, I am sure they own dogs in the 5th district but owners there seem to be better at picking up after their pets.
There is over 23 million fecal coliform bacteria in one tiny gram of fecal matter.
39 different  zoonoses diseases that can be transmitted to humans from pet droppings.
Some of which are just nasty to even read:
Whipworm
hookworm
Roundworm
Tape Worm
Parvo ( deadly to other dogs)
Corona
Giardiasis
Salmonellosis
Cryptosporidiosis
Campylobacteriosis

Just to name a few...

I know people who do not pick up after their pets could get a ticket but from what I see left behind everywhere it seems either the fine is so low no one cares or they just do not enforce the rules.
As a former dog owner I find this lazy habit more then disgusting, it tends to make none pet owners dislike all dogs.
What can be done to stop this disgusting practice, not only does it cause a horrible smell on a hot summer day it is just unhealthy in every way.

I will not get into the human waste and urine sprayed on many buildings...
Keeps one from walking barefoot in the park.
Another topic with the lack of affordable public restrooms in the city.
Many people do not have 200 forints to use the WC so the nearest wall, corner of a building etc will do.
I often see men relieving themselves on the wall of the hospital across from our flat. Once most disgusting of all, a women actually pulled her pants all the way down and relieved herself in the middle of my street, pulled them up and walked away like it was natural.
Such a beautiful city ,such a shame to p*** on it.

Sadly, if some people consider it okay to relieve themselves in the streets (and you may find this interesting regarding public toilets et al in another city: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/18/nyreg … to-go.html), one can not expect them to curb their pets.

Side note: human parvovirus is not the same as canine parvovirus. Canine parvo is not a zoonosis.

Yes Parvo is only really serious to other dogs, my sisters lovely hound died of it back in the early 1970's before they had a vaccine.
Just plain old disgusting, I get rather tired of having to walk ahead of my husband and do line mine sweeps, he would plop right in if no one told him to watch out for mines!
If people do not curb or pick up( rather they just picked it up , feel sorry for those poor street sweepers) I can only guess they they also don't keep up with vet visits and shots.
Thanks for answering my rant, some things just freak me out and this issue is one of them, have made a couple of missteps while walking in the past and it really hurts to see a nice pair of shoes get messy.
It is a good thing that most Hungarians take their shoes off before going indoors, never know what the "cat" dragged in.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:

never know what the "cat" dragged in.

Also can be quite a bit:

http://www.catvets.com/cat-owners/disea … /zoonotics:o

Oh yuck! Will stay pet free, too much worry and mess with pets at this stage of life.