Chilean tourist visa change into residence permit

hi,
im from pakistan...im coming to chile in june...i need some info regarding chilean temporary or permanent residence permit.
i have a girl friend in santiago..she is from phillipines.but having a chilean permanent residence.
we have plans to lives together there as a partners/boyfriend /girlfriend .so my question is can i apply PR on her behalf in my tourist visa time?what is the process?what sort of necessary documents should i bring with me?
advance thanks

Hi Asher
It is pretty hard to get in on a tourist visa from Pakistan. Have you checked into this? You need to apply 4 weeks before and it is complicated. I copied this info from a website for you

To apply for a tourist visa, these nationals(Pakistan and others) must submit the following documents: (1) a visa application form; (2) their passport valid at least from the beginning to the end of the visa; (3) a letter of invitation from someone who lives in Chile stating his/her name, address and telephone number or letter of the company or institution that invited the applicant stating the reason for his/her trip to Chile; (4) proof of economic solvency such as bank statements, and/or a letter from the company that supports the visa applicant stating his position and compensation, and/or letter from parents to ensure their financial support for the duration of the visa; (4) marriage certificate (only if the applicant is married to a Chilean citizen); (5) a health certificate issued by a physician stating that the applicant is in good health and has no diseases, issued within 30 days prior to the date of application; (6) a certificate of HIV blood test issued by a health department, laboratory, or physician, in the same period of time; (7) a criminal record certificate issued by the police; and (8) a recent photograph color passport size (2″ x 2″). All documents have to be translated into Spanish, but I imagine that documents printed in English will also be accepted. Consular fees vary according to applicant's nationality.

I just don't know about residency though. It could be just as complicated. i would recommend a relocation service here in Chile with someone who has experience. About 1/2 of the worlds countries are not readily welcomed into Chile.

does Chile  recognize dual citizenship?

I know they do for the US but I do not know for other countries