First media internet

I wonder if anyone else is having problems with first media internet.
This last month has my (Up to) 12 mbps connection deliver speeds from 300kbps to 11+ mbps in the middle of the night, but averaging (Best guess) at around 2mbps.

It is my firm belief that whilst 300kbps is 'up to' 12 mbps, the stretch of the sales rubbish is a little too much.

Anyway, anyone else having problems?

Just now, 0.9 mbps down with 0.02 up.

"Rubbish" seems a little generous.

Hi Fred,
I used first media too for my internet provider
So far so good, but there was a time that the internet is on and off and so slow.
Perhaps you can look for Speedy which has a better service, but a higher price of course

Test your cable modem signal setting on FIrst Media:

Type on regular browser

Receive Power Level:  from Negative 15 to Positive 15 ( range is normal level)

Transmit Power Level:  from 35 dbmv to 55 dbmv

If the results are way off, time to call to Firstmedia Technician for a free check visit.

Ifatutor wrote:

Hi Fred,
I used first media too for my internet provider
So far so good, but there was a time that the internet is on and off and so slow.
Perhaps you can look for Speedy which has a better service, but a higher price of course

That is the first time I heard Speedy has a better service.
Maybe it is because Depok area?

Speedy has a FUP Fair Usage Policy.
First media doesnt have one.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5223430397

enduringword wrote:

Test your cable modem signal setting on FIrst Media:
If the results are way off, time to call to Firstmedia Technician for a free check visit.

Done all that and all checks out as within tolerances, but the speeds are always rubbish.
I suspected computer issues but unless three computers and an Android mobile phone are all infected, as well as the engineer's tablet, that must be discounted.

I've had it with them.
The engineer comes out and blames central.
Central say the connection is fine as far as my modem, but the engineer  refuses to change the modem, informing me the whole area has problems so it must be central.

I've told them to fix it or bugger off.

Posted using my Bolt internet because the sodding first media has no connection - again.
Yes, I know they're the same company, but at least Bolt is working.