Car Accident in Romania

I am trying to help someone who is in Romania now who was just in a car accident and is injured.
Does auto insurance normally cover medical bills in Romania?
Does it cover economic losses, pain and suffering if the other driver was at fault?
My friend was rear-ended by someone speeding on the highway.
Can you get a lawyer to handle cases like this on a contingent fee where they are paid when they win money?
Does anyone have a recommendation for a lawyer in Bucharest?

Kguy wrote:

I am trying to help someone who is in Romania now who was just in a car accident and is injured.
Does auto insurance normally cover medical bills in Romania?
Does it cover economic losses, pain and suffering if the other driver was at fault?
My friend was rear-ended by someone speeding on the highway.
Can you get a lawyer to handle cases like this on a contingent fee where they are paid when they win money?
Does anyone have a recommendation for a lawyer in Bucharest?

"Yes" answers most of your questions, provided that the driver that hit the person you're helping has the mandatory RCA insurance.

I don't have any recommendations as to personal injury attorneys, you could search in the BUSINESS DIRECTORY for that, but getting one isn't a bad idea since the insurance companies love to deny claims altogether or offer low-ball settlements.

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

Thanks Romaniac! [super cool name, btw]
I checked the business directory. There is an immigration law firm only. But, you're right, they might know of an injury attorney they like.

My friend seems to think she needs to pay cash for both medical expenses and attorneys, and I am hoping she was mistaken.

In the US it is pretty easy to find attorneys, and even get medical care, when another driver is at fault, so long as there is insurance. It appears that both drivers are insured in this case, but she is telling me the police officer took the insurance documents of both drivers so she has to wait for the officer to contact her. Thank you again!

No problem, glad to help...and thanks ;)

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team