Australians Need Sponsors ?

Hey there Fellas, just wanted to confirm whether or not an Australian needs to have a sponsor in order to open a business even if going with the 150 k RO option. Any help would be great!

As far as I know any foreign investor needs a sponsor or local partner to establish a new business venture.

Johnnie_Doe wrote:

Hey there Fellas, just wanted to confirm whether or not an Australian needs to have a sponsor in order to open a business even if going with the 150 k RO option. Any help would be great!

Hi Johnnie_Doe,

For floating or setting-up any business venture, an Omani partner is mandatory.

And that Omani partner must be the majority stakeholder too !

Dear .....

If you are coming in as an invester, then you do not need an Omani..
But, if you are coming to open a Excellent Or First Grade Company Etc, then you will have to have a sponsor..

aha! any info about what that means exactly ? How do i qualify as an investor ?

What type of business do you have in mind ?

Hi Johnnie Doe,

I am Omani managing my own business in media production industry.
I have enough experience working with foriegn investors.
All what guys mentioned above are true.
But.
You can sign together MOU which define the dividend of each.
In that case, you can give the Omani partner as minimum or maximum as you wish depends on his role in the company whether will remain sleeping partner or active partner.
However, Omani partner exists to help in minimising the tax fees.

Should you need more info, please let me know.

BR

So im in Muscat now, willing to meet with business people and study any options / recommendations

Hi Doe, You may contact me on **

Moderated by Christine 8 years ago
Reason : For your security, please send your contact details through your private message system.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi,
I don't know if you have been successful in finding a business partner yet or not. But in the recent times there has been some changes in the investor sponsorship scenario. I suggest that you have a look at the Chamber of Commerce and Industries website for this update. As far as I know now there is no requirement of any sponsorer to start a biz and with any kind of amount. Secondly what type of biz are you looking to start? it is better you do the market study to check if that biz will give you good returns on your investment. Third it would be better off to partner with an existing biz and which might be doing well and is in need of some JV, most importantly you need to see what or where you want to put your stakes in.
rgds
CKAN