Fractionals and Caribbean side

Hi folks,

I am new here.

We are a Canadian couple; and have experience working in Latin America.  One of us speaks Spanish fluently and one of us is learning : )  and we are thinking about spending 2-3 months next winter and gradually spending up to 6 months a year in CR.

We are experienced living off-grid and living with animals of all kinds and are looking for either a house sitting gig where we can care for any animals/gardens on site, or a rental (a house in the countryside at 2,000 plus elevation preferred).

Anyway as part of our search we have been reading up on fractional ownership in various part of the country. A new small development is on the Caribbean side at Villas Banana Verde   and it looks fantastic and the owner owns one of the nicest small hotels across the street.  I know there are varying opinions of the Puerto Viejo side but wonder if we can get some opinions on fractionals and perhaps this one in particular.

We would prefer to stay at higher elevations as I mentioned, but it would be nice to have a few weeks a year at the beach as well.

Thanks everyone!

PM me I may know if housesitting gigs

Lorelann, "above 2000" what, feet or meters? If feet, there are many towns over that altitude, if meters I do not know any town that high. There's one, Villa Mills at 3100 mts, in the province of Cartago, pop 65. The Caribbean side is nice if you can put up with the rain and the few social infrastructure there is. Overall, CR is a great country to live in.

Hi MauroN; 
though Villa Mills sounds like my cup of tea, I did mean above 2000 feet    :)

LOL.