Jogging and Walking near Candos Hill - Quatre Bornes

Hi everybody

there is a very good jogging track and a uphill track in Candos hill Quatre Bornes.

Many people go their everyday for jogging, walking and running.

I have recently started and its feels good to climb hill and running in the jogging track.

I go generally at 6 past after work and 5:30 during weekends

Looking for expatriates to join, as its too good and worth it.

30-45 minutes walking/ running is a must to keep us healthy i guess , i believe we all agree to this :)

well hope to see more expatriate on the ground who lives nearby,there are few coming on and off whom i have met and knew through our blog.

cheers
Vishal

Ok, so non-expats should not come then? :rolleyes:

alisa_ram wrote:

Ok, so non-expats should not come then? :rolleyes:

Now now Hansa, dont get offended!! I am sure Vishal had the most honest intentions when he said Expats, as this is the Expat.com. Of-course Mauritians have a right over the park, and we Expats would love to interact and share with our mauritian friends. After all what is the use of living in a different country and not getting to know the locals and share their culture and beliefs!!

Cheers,
Musheer

oops oops sorry sorry

no offences

i meant all of us  part of our expat community and native people...

musheer thanks for being so nice from my part :)

cheers
vish

Hi vishal

I'm interested in joining you on this. My wife also probably. I'm out of town this week but back at the weekend. Perhaps we can give it a try next week sometime...if we can get there by 6...

I can see Candos hill from home and always wondered if there was a path up it!

Cheers
Mark

good to know it sounds informative and interesting

yes mark there is a good jogging track uphill

well you are right even i live nearby and always used to wonder that should go uphill often.

and believe me many people go uphill every day

its too good.

although m coming a bit late say past 6:30 these days during weekdays so i am doing jogging in the track downside the hill.

as i am a bit scared to go alone when it is getting dark ;)

so catch up soon many more people so that we are not scared to go uphill.

and yes most important native people coming there can also form groups for jogging and going uphill.

cheers

vish

Vishal you know I was just pulling your leg! :)

Do they still have the football ground there too? And the SMF still leaving their bullets around? :)

hey alisa

lost girl must say

well but ya my 1st blog said like expats didnt mention natice ppl..

bt really didn't mean it :)

ya ppl play football too

and SMF keeps and eye on people that nobody is littering waste here and there like empty bottles etc.

well bullets may be they do during day time..

i go like late evening so by then not really..

so when are you coming for a jog?;)

vish

I will probably PM you for that, but my place is further down, so I might be there before you.

As safe as Sodnac can be, you don't want to be walking on your own when it's dark. Maybe Musheer can join, he doesn't live far from where I do, at least I'll have someone to walk with!

hey Vishal

Have you ever seen a red flag at the top.... this means danger as they are using the firing range at the bottom of the hill... I see it quite often so look out for it

regards

James