Family Visa (Name on Passport)

Hello there,
I am Indian and I have married a Pakistani girl in January. The wedding took place in Pakistan.
She has applied for a new passport in which my name is there as her spouse.

My question is as an Indian, do I also require her name on my passport as my Spouse?

I went to BLS office in Wattayyah and they sent me to Indian Embassy. There the guy told me that my passport will get printed from Islamabad, Indian High Comission. This sounded rubbish to me that how can an Indian passport get printed in Pakistan?

I have heard from others that I will get a new passport from Oman only.

I am confused about the documents required for Family Visa.

Help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi Reyyan,

Your wife's name must appear in the passport.

If your old passport is laminated and if your wife's name is not mentioned there, then you have to apply for a new passport book, where you can have your wife's name included.

There is a single A4 sheet form you have to fill. Attach copies of your photographs with white background, produce all your documents in original, go to the Indian Embassy in Muscat, meet the Passport Officer in Room No. 103, get your application approved and then hand it over to BLS.

You will get your new passport within a working week. The same details are also available in the BLS website, as well as in the Indian Embassy's website.

Thank you Sumitran for replying. But as I said the passport officer is saying that I have to go to Indian High Comission, Islamabad  to get my new passport printed.

I mean this sounds rubbish. I went to room 103 itself and found this reply.

How can my passport be printed in Pakistan? It does not make sense.

Hi Reyyan,

I am not sure what the background to this really is.

If the Passport Office himself in Room 103 has told you thus, then there must be some very valid reason for him saying so.

Usually, what he says is final as far as passport related matters are concerned here. I speak from personal experience.