Surfing Pensionados?

In my quest to  find a nice destination to retire in  EC, I am trying to keep my on- again off- again partner interested in a place (other than Tamarindo, Costa Rica!!) , and does anyone have any suggestions to retire in a coastal community in EC which has some older surfers? Yes, he is an avid 68 year old surfer. He has had repeated bouts of dengue fever , so a place with fewer mosquitoes would be ideal .

I have searched "coastal" as ccMedia has helpfully advised, but I am not quite sure about which of the described coastal surfing communities may be more suitable for  older, retired, surfers.  I would like to start with visiting any of those areas first.

All thoughts greatly appreciated.....My bags are packed, and I 'm ready to go...

Cold Canada wrote:

which of the described coastal surfing communities may be more suitable for  older, retired, surfers....

Not all that long ago, Ecuador hosted the International Surfing Association's World Masters competition for surfers 35 and older.

To read a professionally written article about this by a partner of the Miami Herald's international edition and thereby learn which coastal community of Ecuador hosted that event, google the following....

todayinecuador growing popularity of surfing in ecuador

-- cccmedia