Any Engineers applying for Australian immigration ?

Hello,

Are there any Engineers who are currently applying for Australian immigration or have applied successfully?

I found the part for filling the qualifications a little complicated, so if anyone has some guides to simplify it or is currently applying we can work together.

Thank you

Hi there

I did this procedure and i failed.
But i can till you the steps.
First to apply for immigration to australia and work you need to find lost of jobs they are asking for.
Then you apply online for skilled visa.
Then you got couple of things to do.
First thing is to apply to the engineers order there its called AACA.
you need to accrediate your degree.
All the steps you can find easily in there website(immigration website)

My degree wasnt accrediated so i couldnt apply for the visa ...so i cant go there and work with my degree.

Goodluck

thanks for reply

just few questions:

1- the ACAA is the Engineers Austrualia, correct ? https://www.engineersaustralia.org.au/
2- Regarding the accreditation issue my only problem is that i am not sure how to know if my university (American University of Beirut) is accredited but for sure i can't take the other options that need you country to be from certain Accords, so i will contact my uni soon.

But how come you didn't try the last option for cases where your degree isn't accredited; which is the CDR (Competency Demonstration Report) ?

I'll tell you my experience in accounting field just to give you an idea.
First of all, an accountant needs to achieve 7 in each skill in acdemic IELTS. Then, they need to contact an assessing body to have their degree assessed.
Well, if the result of the assessment shows that one or more areas are not covered, the accountant has to join a non-degree programme in order to cover those areas.
I'm wondering, couldn't Dina do the same in order to have her degree assessed?

Did you get the approval?fIf yes how much time did it take.?
Thanks for the  info

I'm still in the process of qualification assessment.
I've already finished four subjects out of five required subjects and I'm taking the last one in 3 months.

Thats great!

Good luck to you and thanks for the feedback.

Hey,

AUB is accredited.

Thanks a lot

anoos , how did you do that?!
what is the procedure?!

mrh ... i am not familiar with CDR?!
i made an appeal after the assessment . but that's it . it was over a year ago ,

Hi Dina,
I sent a copy of my bachelor's curriculum to the assesing body, they replied that I need to study five subjects at a third party (Deakin University).
But, It seems that you are an engineer and I don't know if the same is applicable to your occupation. Try to contact your assessing body, they may help.

CDR is the last option in the Assesment pathway, it's basically a test/report to get the accredation in your field.

https://www.engineersaustralia.org.au/migration-skills-assessment/choose-correct-assessment-pathway