New things to do in Kuwait - A.N.A Running, Cycling & Martial Arts

Alot of people keep saying how there is not much to do in Kuwait.

I am living proof to the contrary, there is so much going on you need only open your eyes (literally) to participate.

case in point, last month there was the 10K marathon sponsored by Agility, took place on a saturday, from the scientific center to the corniche club and back. great place to meet new people, smile at other participants, and generally have a good time.

whilst there, I caught sight of the back of a dudes T-shirt, the words that jumped at me were Mixed Martial Arts (MMA), I asked the dude what he was about, and he told me he was a pro martial artist with vast experience and he'd been on TV in Kuwait and other places etc.

Last night, I met up with him and we were discussing the idea of organising an indoor/outdoor training in Kuwait.

It would be on weekends, at first he decided to start with running as a sport and cycling (free ofcourse, with professional supervision), and later, introduce the martial arts aspect.

The idea is to get people interested in the outdoors again, and the weather at the moment is perfect to enjoy a nice, refreshing, exercise session near the beach.

Just google the name of the instructor, Ali Naserallah Ali, and watch his clips on youtube, or check out his website www.anats5.com

The new year is coming up, lets make the resolution to get in and stay in shape!

Keep me posted when you guys start on this.
Not sure how it will work out, since I'm in Mangaf, but it sounds great.

And I agree with you - there are a lot of things to do here, one only has to get started :-)

thanx nicol, my point exactly :D

we'll figure something out in terms of getting there, places etc. who knows, we might end up doing it in mangaf if we can find suitable places

Mangaf, not likely. But the beach at Fahaheel is a cool place to run ;-)

facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=10150126276705721

keep track through here, this is the formal group for the events :)

I saw the web site and i liked the idea.

Sounds encouraging.  I would love to get back into Martial Arts. 

Due to my work schedule I don't have the option to drive very far on a work-night. :/
Mangaf or Fahaheel would work for me. :)

Cheers,

Brad

hi friends...I used to do martial arts before,but now I miss those days & really keen to restart it again.please let me know if there is any schadule...thanks