Can dependent work in Belgium

Dear Team,
If dependent gets work permit from a local company in Blegium to work, can he/she continue to work with same dependent Visa or should report to commune to change the visa to a working visa. Will it be a big deal to change even if required?

Both options are fine. She can continue to work as your dependent. But the advantage of having your spouse move to her own parallel track is that tomorrow if you lose your job then you can convert to her dependent status. If she remains your dependent and you lose your job then you both are in trouble.

If dependent gets work permit from a local company in Blegium to work, can he/she continue to work with same dependent Visa ?

->> Yes she/he can.

Should report to commune to change the visa to a working visa. ?
-->> Commune cannot change the visa. When he/she gets the WP, report to commune and update spouse's occupation in the family composition. Even if one of you lose the job, the other can stay in Belgium by reporting to commune and changing spouse to the head of household. (Commune anyways has the record of spouse's work permit, employment status, etc).

Will it be a big deal to change even if required?
-->> First of, there is nothing called a working visa in Belgium. There is long term visa (D type) which you acquire with a work permit or as a dependent to a D type visa holder (who later becomes temporary Residence Permit holder).

Hope this helps..

-->> If still you think it is a must for the spouse to have a visa based on the work permit, he/she must surrender the current residence permit, go back to India and apply for a fresh visa based on the work permit, which is indeed a big deal with no value addition.

Thanks for your reply. This has given me a clear picture to take a decision. Thank you so much.

Hi Girls / Guys

How long does it take to receive a residence card from the gemeente once registered.

Kind Regards,
Melissa

It depends. On an average: 3-4 weeks.

Can one with an F kaart work outside of Belguim but within the EU?

Kind Regards,
Melissa

In my knowledge - no.

Thanks for the detailed information.
We reported to the commune and updated the dependent's work details.
Now, the titular's date of stay in Belgium is expired in the residence card(white card).
So, will the titular and dependant get a new residence card based on his dependent's work permit?
If not, What will be the proof for the duration of stay for them now?

Hi Aneesh,

I am from India and currently on a dependent visa in Belgium.
1) Can I work on a dependent visa for my current employer in Belgium or my employer needs to raise a WP for me as well? My current employer is an Indian MNC and not a local Belgium company.
2) If my current employer is ready to raise a Work Permit for me, how long does it take to get the WP? Since I am already having a dependent visa, does it speed up the process? Also do I need to go back to India during any stage of the Work Permit application process?

Hoping to get a response from you. Thanks.

Yes you need a work permit. Processing time is Upto 8 weeks now. You having a dependent visa will not influence the time taken for processing.

Thanks Aneesh. Can the WP be processed in Belgium or is there a need to go to India?

Here

Hello Aneeshks,
Can Indian dependents register at "Actiris".
Recently dependent went to Actiris for registration and they are accepting to register as a job seeker.
After they register, can they form IBO contract with any company in Belgium without a work permit.
Is there any legal issues. Kindly let me know.