Probationary period in oman?

hi all,
I want to ask about probation period of job in oman? is it 3 months or more?

The law in Oman states 3 months, but some companies state 6 in a contract of employment. They shouldn't and have to follow the Omanie laws.

thanks Mr stevan for you kind reply, I have one more question,if company terminate an employee after probation period in oman then what a employee can take legal step?
is company will label to pay any kind of amount?

Normally what ever is in your contract agreement, 1 or 2 months salary which you would have to work as your leaving notice and your flight home that's it

thanks

wa66 wrote:

hi all,
I want to ask about probation period of job in oman? is it 3 months or more?

Hi wa66,

I see some incorrect information being posted in this thread.

As per the Ministry of Manpower rules, the minimum notice period that is required to be served is Thirty (30) Days. Nowhere in the world is the notice period for an employee more than 30 working days.

Some private companies in Oman tweak this notice period to suit their convenience, like 60-days, or even up to 90-days, which is realistically impossible.

In lieu of serving the said notice period, the company might settle for some sort of a monetary adjustment / compensation from the employee, which would mean that the company would is actually earning from the employee's end of service benefits.

Doing things like these are obviously unfair to the employee, and not to mention is illegal by the law of the land.

Thanks Mr sumitran for your valuable reply One more thing I want to confirm from you is
can employee is eligible for getting gratuity if company terminate employee after probation period? what omani law said about it.?

Hi wa66,

No. An employee is NOT eligible to any end of service benefits, like gratuity, on termination soon after the probation period.

To be eligible for gratuity, an employee must have necessarily completed 3 continuous years of service, post which his / her gratuity account starts ticking.

It is a monthly accumulation plan, so the longer an employee serves the organisation, the more he / she stands to benefit. Not otherwise.

you mean more the 3 continues months of service ?

wa66 wrote:

you mean more the 3 continues months of service ?

Hi wa66,

Sorry, I missed mentioning the word 'years' in my previous post.

An employee must have necessarily completed 3 continuous year of service to be eligible for gratuity / end of service benefits.

thanks alot