How to start looking for really cheap accomodation in Dar?

Good morning community

I am (unfortunately) white and looking for a really cheap accomodation in Dar. How can I start at all? Talking to people in the streets? Asking in shops for help with that? I asked the hotel's taxi driver who said an apartment in the city is about 1.200 USD per year. How to find such a place? How to make contacts?

The whiter you are the higher the price. I have no requirements and can live without furnitures, TV, radio, microwave and kitchen. I just need a room - different from other expats I like to live rather like a native. For example in Kigamboni.

Thanks a lot for help.

Hello

I can assist kindly email me here xxx

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Please avoid posting your contact details on the forum. Exchange infos on the forum itself
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Please drop an advert in the Housing in Dar es Salaam section of the website.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Thank you, but I found a place with a German near Makumbusho. But my holidays are already over ;-)

Regards

Ines

Hi everyone,

Members who are proposing or still looking for accommodation may drop their respective adverts in the Housing in Dar es Salaam section of the website.

@ Ines, since you had had a glimpse of the culture and the country, maybe you could share your experience with us on how you found your first interaction and life in general there.

Thanks in advance,
Bhavna