I'm coming!

Hi everybody!
It is nice to be here...
I will go to Australia-Sydney exactly Newcastle in february. I from Germany and I will leave my life behind me, friends, family, work, etc. I am counseller and life coach, does someone know a place to start working. I will try to  have a quick start but the most employers want me to contact them again when I am in Australia. Can someone help me?

Thank you! ;)
Ina

Hi Ina,

Most likely the right place to find a job is in big cities like Sydney, Melbourne and any other cities.

If you haven't arrived Sydney, you might consider to find a job via internet.

Here are the 2 most popular internet job hunting sites:
- Seek.com.au
- MyCareer.com.au

Good luck for your job hunting and welcome to Australia!

Cheers

Cosy

THank you so much friend!
:D

Hi InaGuesmer,

If you do end up applying for specifying jobs found in mycareer.com.au, seek.com.au, or other online job websites, make sure you include a cover letter stating when you are planning to arrive in Australia. For some reason, majority of employers in Australia prefer that you already are in the country to be interviewed in person. However, some employers will do interviews by other means like over the phone or teleconferencing if they require a specific skilled person,etc.

If you don't see a specific job posting but there are recruiting companies that post similar jobs, get in touch with one of the HR reps shown in the job posting and inquire from them about future job postings. Some of these HR reps may request for you to submit a resume for them to review. If they feel you have the skills that an employer may require in the future, they may keep your resume in their database. But if they know you are already moving to Australia, HR reps usually prefer this to be able to arrange interviews for their clients if they feel that you meet the skills required for the job posting.

You didn't state in your post, but do you already have the visa required to live and work in Australia? If not, then you either have to get sponsored by the employer or you have to obtain one for yourself through the different visas available that you can apply for at immi.gov.au  If you already have a visa, then it's just one less thing to worry about.

Good Luck!

Thank you as well, I will look what I can do...
I already haev a visa.