Environmental protection in Oman

Hi,

Environmental protection is a challenging issue for all the countries around the world. Would you say this issue is deemed of significance in Oman?

Is the country going green through initiatives like waste management and selective sorting programs, renewable energies, public transport, green awareness campaigns and so forth?

How do you personally commit to improve the environment in your daily life?

We would greatly appreciate if you could tell us more about the various local initiatives for sustainable development in Oman.

Many thanks in advance!

Kenjee

Could you please tell me if your interest is academic or commercial, as I may be able to put you in contact with a local environmental consultancy and conservation organisation located in Oman, UAE and the UK.

Hi,

We are doing few pilots , one of them is -eco Granic: the best green technology   

Concrete slab that combats pollution degrading the main atmospheric pollutants: nitrogen oxides (NOx), volatile organic compounds (COVs) and particulate matter (PM)

eco Granic produces the called photocatalysis, very similar to the natural process of photosynthesis, turning the damaging gases into harmless compounds to human health and environment.

The high degradation efficiency of ecoGranic for several pollutants has been certified according to standards  ISO 22197 and AFNOR XP B44-13, by different renowned European Centers.

Please feel free to contact for other projects.

Regards,
Aman Kumar

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Share contact infos only in private please.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Sorry I thought you were looking for someone to carry out an environmental impact assessment study, air and noise etc.

Allow me to answer the last question what i do myself to protect nature;

In the beginning there had been no pollution until man interfered. yes man this great achievement by almighty God ,first of all sought  survival then because of his greed man wanted luxury then wealth, man wanted more and more using his mind only to satisfy his greed and his ego w.o thinking or with conniving at the horrible consequences ultimately at  the cost of his own comfort his own money and his own health . Anyone has any idea how much it costs to do away with nuclear wastes, or with expired ammunitions,,, do you know that it needs one million liter of water to do away with one liter of spilled oil on soil,,, this is if we dont talk about genetically modified agri products and its horrible impact on mankind identity and future.
With same shallow thinking technology suggests more chemicals more complications to retain simply a normal life an un borrowed nature haha.
How we do it  we go back to the criminal man and educate  orient and control
About myself:

I simply live a  reasonable and normal life w/o any exagguration in anything at all : I plan my day ,my trips, my budget, I switch off the light in a room which I am not in, I dont let any tap water go to the sink unutilized by me, I make proper use of my towells and tissues and kitchen utilities. I dont leave my car engine on just for fun. I buy wash n wear clothes. I try to feed on nature products as they are and go to gym not to doctors,I always watch my purchases and minimize my solid wastes. of course I dont throw anything away from my car window and never shoot a bird or cut a tree or dig a rig.  I try as much as I can not to be a source of annoyance to anyone or a source of pollution was it sound,air,water, soil  nature or even mind

Someone will definitely wonder what shall a person ( one over 6 billion persons) do I just say :

Little drops of water
                  little grains of sand
         make the mighty oceans
                  and the pleasant land

Yes we all sbould try to minamalise the amount of waste we produce, most of all stop killing each other over religion and start workung together to build a better world, man is not a criminal but has a tendecy to be foolish a d very judgement to his own detrement .

ya may be more affecting factors will be reduce in next month
I'm immediately migrate to Oman please help me climate is not a issue for me

dear Fatheen, I didn't get your point.

Are you coming to Oman or you like to come

Pls write your message clearly so that me or anyone else can be of help
Wish you the best

To Kevin I say : I fully agree with you.

I live in al hail  - local needs help - the animals and the offshore  !!!! 
As does the Oman we know  -

Let me help  - 
You ask for too much info  ....   us expats just wanna  get in there and help ....

Best regards
Phillipa