Environmental protection in Morocco

Hi,

Environmental protection is a challenging issue for all the countries around the world. Would you say this issue is deemed of significance in Morocco?

Is the country going green through initiatives like waste management and selective sorting programs, renewable energies, public transport, green awareness campaigns and so forth?

How do you personally commit to improve the environment in your daily life?

We would greatly appreciate if you could tell us more about the various local initiatives for sustainable development in Morocco.

Many thanks in advance!

Kenjee

I haven't seen much environmental protection....lots of places have tied up black plastic bags dumped around, and some beaches have a litter problem
There is a need for more bins, and more education for Moroccans about putting rubbish in bins....also, no black/green bins at all??

Plastic Plastic Plastic everywhere.

I personally think Carfour should be reducing the amount of plastic bags involved in their centres. Even if it's just the green grocer's section, I am still in shock at the amount of bags involved in the process of buying loose weighed items and that has led me to not shop in this place since.

It's cheaper for the organisation to provide plastic but at whose cost if not the planet we all so call home.

The plastic in trees , around beauty spots , everywhere is an embarrassment. The outskirts of Taroudant for instance is a rubbish dump also Tetouan and many more towns just dump all rubbish outside the gates. How can tourism be increased with garbage strewn everywhere? It is also dangerous for animals (Camels) and wildlife.

Hello everybody,
Is it true, we do have a big problem here, first it is not cause of plastic, it is cause of unconsciousness of persons about bad and  negative effects of plastic  on the nature in general ( tree, animals,water,.. humain)
There is a new Law( project) , to stop the production of plastic bags !!

So let's hope the best in soon future

I see diffrent perspective as a american who is conscious of the environment

I live in casablanca, they have factories here and the air qualities is not good and then that makes the fruit and veggies not the best but they also shop food jne like from Mexico ect. There is garbage but it's very reusable garbage.  If I was building a earthship or even just doing art . There so much out there. Yes there is garbage but also they have recyclers people are always dogging in garbage grading the plastics and the thing go that can be used. Also they have a huge solar and wind power projects.  The trials and trams are electric.  With their solar would be renewable energy

Also I see buildings like techno park has solar power.  And villas have solar power water heaters. So they are trying. Not sure about pesticide and gmo  .

What do I do .I first educate my self. Then I share what I know.  What I can do right now mostly is animal protection if I see a wrong I stop it. I try to get help for animals I see sick a d feed them. But I don't know French or Arabic so I am not able to do much here. I of corse use all natural products.  Clean with vinigure mostly and essiational oils. I don't have stuff and try to live minimalistic. And reuse as much as I can and recycle ..

It's hard not to notice all the plastic bags and trash. Public bins are definitely lacking but really it seems few people care about throwing trash on ground. Education and a change of mentality seems key. Otherwise I'm also curious about growing methods for produce. My husband is Moroccan and I've heard from him and others that often farmers are too poor to use pesticides so food is grown naturally but I'm not sure this is always true. I'd love to see some more awareness/understanding of growing methods by farmers. In fact if there are ever any local environmental groups forming who need volunteers I'd love to join. Please keep me updated! Ashley