Opening a small food businesses in the philippines

Hey Peter,

Regarding FB crashing, I never said FB crashed, I meant one page can suddenly become unavailable.  Trust me I have seen it a few times. And yes SEO-ing FB for one's particular market is not as flexible as having one's own website. 

Having a simple website built need not be expensive. There are a lot of service providers in Upwork, in Fiverr, who can do it for a rate way below what you declared. It is a matter of sourcing it.

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Promotion of your own services is not allowed
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

It's okay to open up food business depending on the area. My area is near the Schools, Terminals, Church, Public basketball court, city hall, soccer field, sports arena. Lots of people in our village. Good area to make business. By the way, I'm from Binan City, Laguna Philippines. ****

Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you

Stood for u any advice for opening buisness I'm based in bulacao cebu

well, it's really up to your decision.my place is near the cit, airport, and manila. especially schools and terminals good for opening up food business. it's better if we can meet up in person.****

Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you

regarding permits. it's easy because I'm walking distance to the city hall. and I'll be helping you

well, Kan, if u can afford, time and money, u d better live several months in Cebu, learn and visit the city, so at least 6 months, one or 2 years would be better, to find out by yourself where is the best place.

pinoys will scam you, but worse than them, are the expats...they will try to sell you their bankrupt business (no business plan nor market study etc), or lot, or blablabla...

the only friends you have are.... yourself.

Hi Bratche, FYI not all Filipinos are like that. There are still Filipinos that are trustworthy and honest. You just have to be very careful when dealing because you don't whom you are dealing with.

hello,
yes, just like everywhere, some are honnest, some are dishonnest, pinoys are not more nor less...
but when u search for concrete proposition on forums u get higher chance to meet the wrong person because u become "visible".

and as i said, expats are worse, i experienced it several times in Bali where i lived 1 year and 4 years in malaysia...as well as scamming brokers in my country, France, ...it s just universal :D
those who got scammed and / or bankrupt will try to save as much money as they can selling their property or business before going back to their country...

just a warning so he d be very careful and not blindly trusting anyone...especially his own patriots.

that's why he/we should do our research or due diligence first. I believe there are still good people out there. if anyone here wants some advice or have questions about the Philippines, they can ask me any time and I'll be more than happy to help them out.

I hope that this site could be the way for us to have connections and meet new people in good way

You will eventually

interesting Idea you have I suppose , don't know a lot about food carts ... but what I do know is that there are many places that you can buy foreign food in the Philippines and Filipino's love it .... one such place is a restaurant called chew love in Tacloban that I eat in every time I go there , don't know the full story behind it but its never empty , apparently owned by an expat , a lady I think who had traveled the world before settling in the Philippines it looks a little like an old French restaurant and people even go there to eat and take pictures  Chew Love

and then there is a little food stall in can't remember the name of it but its another place I like that does every kind of french fry all flavored this is an Irish restaurant again seems to be doing well and again owned by a foreigner so it can be done and also be successful there are scammers and dishonest people every where not just the Philippines and those that get scammed I reckon deserve to be because they go in with there eyes closed with only one thing in mind .

one thing to keep in mind is that it is easier to lease property here than to buy it and in many cases leasing can be as good as owning , do your research first and with enough passion and understanding of what you want to do everything is possible .

I married a Filipino , and not because I was looking to marry one because I met someone I care about they are not all scammers so don't tar and feather them as . Its a poor country and they do rely on each other and with so much devastation and poverty in the country is it any wonder the people are as they are ( Moral of the story is that when you get over the steriotipical remarks made by the old guys that went there with one thing in mind you will see that this is a country where the people are not as bad as they are made out to be )

Hi. May i ask if your plan to have a food business on ph was successful?

Hi. May i ask if your plan to have a food business on ph was successful?
-@Tusi10

Silly question. It was answered before he set foot in the country.

@angmylabs14

Hello my name is xavier, i m french. I opened pastry bakery few years ago in saigon, everything was ok ,now i want to open same thing in philippine.bacolod.

I went to negro island during one month for checking. I ll go soon again. I would like some information and advice because always looking for partnair(but not financial partnair) just to be ok for opening. If you want to know more don t hesitate to send me your mail and if interested we can speak ***

Moderated by Cheryl last year
Reason : Contact details

Hello xavierasia,

Since you are looking for a business partnership, I suggest you post an advert in the appropriate section which is the Philippines classifieds.

There is a dedicated category for business partners. 1f609.svg

All the best,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Closed