Mechanical Graduate searching opportunity in Muscat

Hi Dear Muscat Friends

Myself completed Mechanical Engineering (2015 Passed out) working as a trainee in production field in India. I would like to work in muscat as a mechanical engineer.

As my brother is staying in Muscat for nearly around four years working as a service Engineer(instrumentation). He is trying his level best to get any reference around muscat but unfortunately he couldn't because his current position is not much influencing to hire or refer an engineer.
But he is constantly advising me to come to Muscat in Visit visa and try for a job and stating that there are much possibilities to get a job if i am trying directly to companies. As he can arrange visa and accommodation in Muscat.

Friends Please advise me If i come to muscat in Visit what are the possibilities to get a job.how to approach companies/Industries/HR's in Muscat.Which area i can find Companies related to Mechanical Field.

Also If anyone knows about any mechanical Engineers requirement or consultants Please let me know.

I Sincerely thanking all for reading my message and it would be grateful if you gifted me with your valuable ideas and suggestions

Thanks

Hi Imtha Zain,

Since your brother is already here, he must have informed you about the challenges for an Asian expat to land a good job. If "he is constantly advising" you to come and try your luck, then I am sure he has a fairly good reason for doing so.

You could look at the telephone directory / Yellow Pages listing for companies involved in the mechanical filed. On arrival, you can go and meet with the company's representatives directly, with your profile, educational certificates, etc.

It wold be better if you can first correspond with them prior to your arrival here. Once some basic contact has been made, then visiting in person wold produce a better response, rather than simply walking in.