Playmates available in Bucharest for a 4 year old?

Our 4 year old son, native English speaker, needs playmates his age/around his age, for fun couple of hours over the weekend. Weather permitting, playgrounds and/or parks would be best for a meetup.

I'm also looking - if you have info available, for story telling/meetups with other toddlers in libraries/theater settings.

If available, know of such events, please PM me.

my daughter is two. we are in Brasov unfortunately. but i posted something similar when i first got here. hopefully you will have more luck in Bucharest. However, my advice is to just go to the park and you will soon have a number of regulars that you bump into and you could approach about making actual playdates eventually.

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunatelly i am a working mom, so meeting during the week is out of question, and only weekends remain available. And parks are full of Romanian speaking kids, which my son is responsive to, but I want an activity in English for him. I even wrote to the British council maybe they have something available, turns out 4yo fluent in English are very rare.

Again thank you for your reply! If we're going to Brasov anytime soon I will contact you if that's ok with you:)

please do. i am a stay at home mom,wish i could start a reading group for kids. in english. cant seem to meet any english speaking kids tho...good luck!

I actually found someone in Bucharest. But I cannot simply attach my self and a 4yo to a family!:)

Maybe I should start my own English story telling club!

MiMiMix :

I actually found someone in Bucharest. But I cannot simply attach my self and a 4yo to a family!:)

Maybe I should start my own English story telling club!

I think since you're only available on the weekends, and considering that Bucharest is so spread out, you might find it challenging to find other expats that are willing and able to participate.  But it won't hurt to put a word out and see you draw any interest.  The EVENTS section is a good place to do this.

Good luck

Romaniac Experts Team

exactly...neccessity is the mother of all

It might be worth you checking out as they have details of various meet-ups and other events for kids and families in Bucharest. It's a relatively new website designed for English-speakers in Bucharest so could be a useful resource for you. I know they're starting a forum to facilitate arranging meet-ups as well. Where are you based? There's a lot of native English speaking families in and around Pipera.

I'm Clișee to downtown, near Unirii-Alba Iulia square. But cabs go everywhere in the city:)

Thanks for the lead!

Hello...I am an expat from California with a 2.5 year old son. My son learning both English and Romanian. I think it would be fun for meetups. I will pm my details. Also, I am a teacher here at an international school...reading to my kids is my favorite, I would be willing to help.

We are Romanians.  I have a 3,5 boy speaking English and Romanian (we lived in UK until he was 2). We live at Tineretului (close to Alba Iulia) and go out to play every weekend - parks, forest, theaters, swimming, etc. Give me a sign if you want local friends :)

Hi Michaela,

Why don't you send an email to Bucharest Moms. Its an online group of mainly expat mums. The email address is "Bucharestmoms[at]"

Hope this helps,

Will do! Thanks for the tip!

I return in my country  from UK and  I already missing live from there!

I have a son 5 yrs old!

If you wish to talk let me know!

My name is Alisa!
I have a son for 5 yrs old!
I  wish to meet others mums!

Questions and answers about school and studies

Ask your question
Teacher English in Bucharest
By giulim
Which International School do you recommend?
By angelagorbold
Photography Courses/Classes/Lessons/Clubs?
By K-State
Finding a teacher for child with "special needs"
By lsarraf
SEN Tutor for home schooling Pipera
By Wilburnsontour
Anna yana

Expatriate health insurance in Bucharest

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Bucharest

Moving to Bucharest

Find tips from professionals about moving to Bucharest

Travel insurance in Bucharest

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Bucharest

Flights to Bucharest

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Bucharest