Visit visa for family

Dear All,

Recently I received my job visa for Oman and I'm planning to come there around first week of April 16...my company is providing me wid family visa after completion of my 3 months...my ques is can I bring along my family(wife and 3 kids) on visit visa with me?? If yes what will be the procedure for it and for how much duration the visit visa will be valid for or can be extended...by the way jus for ur info I will be travelling from Saudi arabia...

Appreciate ur rpl.

Hi junadiqbal2006,

Family visit visa has to be arranged for by your employer only. There is no other way for your family to come with you.

The validity of a visit visa is 3 months, with a 1 month extension.

If you read the other posts on the same subject in the forum, you will get all the information, and much more. So why don't you just help yourself ?

As always Thanks for the reply sumitran.... Im alrdy following this grt forum with grt help from ppl like u.....through which we new entrants are getting a reasonable knowledge.

Though a quick question or two

Q) can a visit visa be converted to family visa without my family having to travel to home country and coming back??

Q) can my elder brother who is already working in muscat apply visit visa for my wife and kids??

Sorry for the ques...

Hi junadiqbal2006,

Find below my comments against your queries :

Q) can a visit visa be converted to family visa without my family having to travel to home country and coming back?? - Whether your family goes back to your home country or not, they would have to necessarily exit Oman, and re-enter on their family dependent visas.

Q) can my elder brother who is already working in muscat apply visit visa for my wife and kids?? - No. This is not allowed. The persons being issued with a family visit visa must be able to prove the relationship as printed in each others' passports.

Hhmmm....got it....it seems I have to req my company if they can provide me with family visit visa....wel thnx for the valuable info Mr. sumitran :)

I will get back to the forum in case I need any more info.

All the best!