Pinoy sa Lima / Filipinos at Lima

Hi Janeth! No need to apologize as I am willing to be of help. Language centers in Lima mushroomed as most Peruvian schools doesn't teach subjects in English (unlike in our beloved country). I tried applying to 6 language schools in Lima, and got disappointed as they pay less, except for one center which pays around Soles 28.00 to Soles 35.00 per hour, depending on your qualification. So far, this center offers the best than others.

Anyway, they didn't ask me to sign a contract, nor offered me a year teaching job, this is because, it is an open secret in Peru that many tourists visit Peru and would find a teaching job, (regardless of their profession, as long as they can speak better English) then just leave. This is very common. In fact, when I politely informed them that i will be leaving Peru the next week, they just said, "It's okay, we will look for a substitute teacher for your class." You may work in Peru without a contract, but you have to exit Peru on or before 183 days of staying there. We Filipinos may stay there for 183 days per year.

I also tried applying in an international school, and of course, international schools would process expats' visa once they are hired. My friend and I planned to visit other places, unfortunately, he got busy with work, so I was able to visit around Lima and nearby metropolitan only. If fate permits, I might visit Peru in July, during my school break here in Malaysia, as we plan to visit other places in Peru.

Peru is a nice country. Trust you can easily find an English teaching job there. But always ask how much the salary they offer and ask for the working days and hours. Also ask them WHEN is pay day. Another thing - as per my experience with my job application, most of center Application Forms are written in Spanish, so, be familiar with the terms direccion (address), pais (country), and etc.  Once again, I hope I had answered your questions. Best of Luck to you, sis!

- Marlyn

Hello Marlyn

Thank you again, that really helps. The conditions for teachers seem to be quite difficult in Peru.

I am still undecided whether to go to Peru or not. Because after 4 years of teaching in Thailand, completing a degree in education here, studying hard to get the Thai teaching license, and finally fighting hard to get a reasonably well paid job there is a lot at stake for me.

Peru attracts me for its culture, the similar colonial history than the Philippines, and I think that the Andes are really beautiful. Additionally they offer permanent residency for people that work there legally for 2 years. That's something that Thailand does not offer. I am welcome in Thailand as a foreign worker because they are in need but they will never let me stay here forever and be part of them. I have the impression that Peru is friendly and open towards foreigners and if you can work there for 2 years legally Peru will let you stay there and really settle.

Maybe I will just go to Peru during the school break and see if I can get a teaching job that offers a 1 year contract. Getting this kind of contract is the condition for me to stay in Peru and to give up what I have here in Thailand.

Regards

Janeth

Hi there,

I am currently here in Chile and will be visiting Peru first week July. It would be nice if I can meet some Filipinos there to hang out with. Am planning to stay there for 10 days and will be renting an apartment at Miraflores.  My Whatsapp  ***

Jay-ar

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hey Robert, sent you a personal message earlier. I am a Filipino currently working here in Chile. I will be visiting Lima for the very first time and I am kind of wondering if there is a Filipino group out there that I can hang out with. It is good to know that you are a Filipino. I am renting an apartment at Miraflores for 10 days maybe.  I also worked and lived in the US before coming to South America. Been here for almost 10 years. Here is my Whatsapp number:  ***

Jay-r

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you
Moderated by Priscilla 6 years ago
Reason : please post in english only on this english speaking forum

Hi, this is a post for Robert. My name is Ray. I'm a pinay living in Canada. I'm curious to know what your experience is like working in the construction industry in Peru?

I'm an apprentice carpenter and thinking of moving to Peru after I get some experience here in Canada. Would be very helpful to get firsthand information from someone who is living in Peru and working in the Trades.

Cheers!

Hi Melvi, I am a Filipina and will be travelling there this november in good chance. I have Peruvian bf and i would love to meet you and your wife. Hope to get in touch.

Hi Robert,

It is good to see here a Filipino who resides in Peru. I am planning to go there and check if how I can apply for residency. But before that, i wanted to know if how is the standard of living there. Can you tell me more about the way of life there in Peru? Thank you so much... God bless You.

Hi, im Nelson Alvarez currently in Lima, Peru inviting you to a new company in Lima. We need filipinos to work with us. Please contact me on my email. **** thank you.

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you

Hi Mr Nelson. I'm Glenn, pinay, currently living here in Trujillo. May I know what's the nature of the job you are offering? Thank you.

Pm me in  fb account psscnelson please.

Okay. Copy.

hi joanna786 i'm Anthony from Cyprus and my wife is a Philippina and we are  going to go to Peru also in the coming September so if you are still here or in Peru please contact my email is ***

Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you

Hi Dear Joanna i'm Anthony from Cyprus and my wife is from the Philippines and we're planning to move to Peru this coming September to put up a business ,so if you like we could be friends my email is***

Hi goingtoliveinperu, I  am a Filipino and will be travelling to Lima Peru. I might can apply in your business to be in case you needed and would be fit into it. Actually my goal in travelling is to meet my Peruvian bf and job hunting there. Hope to meet your Filipina wife.

Hi!. I'm new here to expat.com. thanks to Google Recommendations. I was just wondering if it was hard to enter Peru for the first time?

I've been in Dubai for 3 years now and wants to expand my career maybe in Peru. Im a Filipino expat in Dubai with a career in Sales and Customer Service.

Ive been planning to visit sometime soon hopefully anyone can teach me how to visit, what are the qualifications, and give me tips to save and survive ( 😂 ) on my stay. Im planning to stay for two - three weeks.

Thank you and God Bless

Hi! Me and my Peruvian boyfriend are planning to get married. I live in the Philippines and he lives in Peru. I just want to know what are the requirements needed or what are the things we should do so we can get married. I'm planning to live there with him as well once we get married

Planning to go to Peru in October , Yo soy Peruano mi esposa filipina , quiero sacarle visa de residente,
Tienes algunos datos importantes que pueden ayudar ? estoy en facebook ( Juan Yagui Nakama)
Gracias .

@Vivian Alverez18

English please. This is an English speaking forum. Thank you.

Hi Everyone,

Do you know any filipino community around lima? I am not sure if I could meet them down the street but it seems like Filipino looks like Peruano as well. Anyhow, I am seeking for filipino friends around the county. 

Thanks,
Cheri

Hi Mr. Melvi,

I need your advice. I'm a filipina currently staying here in Moyobamba as a tourist with my Peruvian partner.
Me and my partner were planning to get married but since we couldn't find any Philippine Embassy or Consulate here in Peru, getting married is quiet impossible at this moment.
Do u have any idea or suggestions how we can possibly get married??? Looking forward to your response. Muchas gracias🙏

elequator78 wrote:

Hi Mr. Melvi...

I'm a filipina currently staying here in Moyobamba as a tourist....
Me and my partner were planning to get married but since we couldn't find any Philippine Embassy or Consulate here in Peru, getting married is quite impossible at this moment.

The Consulby website lists Filipino embassies and consulates as possibly being in or near Trujillo, Lima, Callao (Lima airport area) and Arequipa.  Since both Trujillo and Moyobamba are in northern Peru, perhaps T-town would be most convenient for your nuptials, provided there is a consulate in that city.

You might contact your Embassy/Consulate in Lima to confirm the above facts, or to arrange for a Lima/Callao visit if it's more convenient to reach the capital from your present location than to visit Trujillo.

FYI, Melvi and the others all posted more than three years ago .. so you may not be hearing directly from Mr. M.

cccmedia