Purchasing Land

Hi!

We are a family looking to purchase land in Zabljak to build our house on.

We have picked a piece of land we like and had a lawyer look in to building permits etc.

Last Friday we were informed by our lawyer that the only way we can build on this piece of land is if we have residency permit and our occupation is in agriculture. We don't have either.

Has anyone been in a similar situation and how did you handle it?

Thanks for your help.

If this is true, what he said, this means that this land is listed in agriculture area, and it is even impossible for you as foreigner to buy it, if there is no house on it.
You should try to find different peace of land which is listed for construction in urban plans, and that is it, do not spend time and money for land you do not have all clear.

So if the seller of the land would agree to build our house on it first it will be ok?

It should be ok, if he is qualified for this.
My proposition is still the same, find another peace of land, to avoid this complication, and also this way transfer tax will be bigger, because it will include house in sale.

I have personal experience with Nemanje, and thoroughly trust his words.  I totally agree with him, find another piece of land.  I have been here more than three years and have never heard before that you must have work permits to buy the land.

My advise, follow Nemanje advise, I totally agree with him.

We don't need a work permit to purchase the land, we need a residence permit to build on it, we can buy the land that isn't the problem.

We also have a lawyer looking in to it for us, I was just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience and maybe came to an agreement with the seller or otherwise worked around this problem.

I am guessing, land is listed as agriculture land in rural environment, so they can use it for agriculture purposes, and build objects they need for agriculture.....

Hasn't your lawyer suggested that you first set up a local company? Which would allow you to obtain residency based on the work permits that you would give to yourselves as employees of the company.
This is what every foreigner was doing in the past, when no land at all could be bought by a foreign citizen. They would then build a property and transfer in their personal name.
This way you could then build the premises via your company, and eventually transfer it in your own name.
Nemanja, isn't this something that can still be done?
There is a cost indeed for running a company, but considering that agricultural land is usually at least 2 times cheaper than urban land, it is likely to be worth it.

They need to be in agriculture business, according to what their lawyer said... all this cost to much, so I suggested them to find another parcel which is in urban area, there are a lot of them offered for sure

The monthly cost, after they have paid all the costs for opening a company, will be about 150- 175 per person, so for two people 300-350 per month, or 3,600 minimum per year, plus costs for renewing the visa so about 4,200 per year minimum, thats assuming they run an agricultural business. 

As far as I know many foreigners have purchased agricultural land and been stuck with it unable to build. 

Again, I would recommend finding another piece of land which has urbanization classification.

If they buy land/property with urbanization classification they can build also,, as far as I know they would qualify for the new property owner residence visa which is much simpler and much easier as they would not need work permits and would not need to open a company.

This land they have chosen comes with far to many complications

Thanks for all the input.
We have spoken to the seller and he is willing to  build a foundation on the land so there is a structure. This should be enough for us to buy the land.

Hi,
foundation is no help for you. He will need to build hose for living, and geodetic agency need to come and survey it, register in cadastre (Uprava za nekretnine - real estate register), and after they issue "list nepokretnosti" (property list) which says there is an object for living and yard on this parcel, you can purchase it!

Hi Nemanja,

I have sent you a private message, so confused with all the mixed information from lawyer/municipality/seller....

I guess Nemanja and Karelia are right. And, since this is Kolasin, there must be hundreds of urbanized plots available for sale. Did you have a look at the DUP (Detailed Urban Plan) to see where the urbanized areas extend to?

Hello Sir,

I am looking for land for sale. As I read your commends, you are an expert about that. Could you please help me to find land for construction in Budva especially.

Regards,
Ekrem ACAR

Hello Sir,

I am looking for land for sale. As I read your commends, you are an expert about that. Could you please help me to find land for construction in Budva especially.

Regards,
Ekrem ACAR