BDF formal complaints

Does anyone know what the procedure is?

A doctor got my number off one of my consultants assistants off the database and contacted me about his personal issues related to the work I do.

I think this is unacceptable and I need to complain about.

Find out who exactly gave him the number, complain to their boss, then find out who controls doctors in that country and pop in a formal complaint about the quack.

Thank you

Whoops ! Your situation does not sound that bad. I would try to talk to the person and resolve the situation amicably. Politely tell him not to call you on your personal number unless solicited.

Download truecaller and block them

The issue is not the call. The issue is how easy it is for people to get your confidential details from a hospital database

That would be tricky to manage really. Do have a discussion with your line manager. I don't know how that will fly with him/her.

Josnuggles wrote:

Download truecaller and block them

Side note. I hear serious privacy breach issues with truecaller.

Uh oh... I feel an Uber warning coming...  ;)

suburbansam wrote:

Uh oh... I feel an Uber warning coming...  ;)

In a big way.
Truecaller wants a lot of permissions it just doesn't need to work.
I can see why it would need your contacts list, but why does it need your photos, location and ALL other files?

There is no way I'd download an app that has such a potential for data mining.
If you have it, I would suggest removing it ASAP.

Like I said I was a patient and a doctor got my details through another doctor and called me about the work I do which is related to IELTS exams and not my health.

That is worth complaining about. Especially as the number was taken from the Bahrain Defence force hospital

Lindochka wrote:

Like I said I was a patient and a doctor got my details through another doctor and called me about the work I do which is related to IELTS exams and not my health.

That is worth complaining about. Especially as the number was taken from the Bahrain Defence force hospital

That gives a whole new perspective to your situation ! Call the hospital. I wouldn't like number to be digged up from patients directory.

Lindochka wrote:

A question.
Do the military out there have powers that could leave the OP in serious trouble if she complained?

I don't know but I spoke to my Dr's assistant who said that it isn't the first time this has happened at the hospital.