Cost of Rentals in and around Muscat and Sur

Greetings friends,
I would like to know what would be the rentals for Family accomodation around places like Mabella and Al-Khoud and also SUR! (pardon me if i got the spellings wrong).

I would be interested in One Bedroom, Hall And kitchen apartment or houses.
Also, is there any Deposit, one needs to pay for the Rental accomodations?

Kindly guide me regarding the same.
Awaiting your positive reply.
Thank you all!

Check the housing section top of this page or try www.numbeo.com

Hi aryanthedentist,

Monthly rent for a 1 BHK apartment in the areas which you have mentioned in Muscat would cost anywhere between R.O. 200/- to R.O. 300/-.

In Sur, it would be about 25% lesser than here in Muscat.

These days when there is a glut in the property market, where there is far more supply than there is demand, landlords are willing to be very flexible in terms of their demands.

Obviously no deposits are required. Even month-on-month rent payments are agreeable to most landlords these days.

It's a buyers market. So make the most of it, while it lasts !

Thank you once again Mr. Sumitran.. you always have been of great help to one n all alike!
But they do provide it to family na? coz I am thinking of gettin my wife along. BTW, after how much time one can get family along to Oman? And in such situations how much should be the minimum salary?

Thank you Mr. stumpy..i would surely check it!

I found that people mention One bedroom, two bedroom, does that mean 1 bedroom, HALL and Kitchen or Only Bedroom and kitchen?