Making it happen -> Funny, clever, expat company required in RIYADH!

ABU FARES wrote:

MADIAN SALEH OR ALHEJR is nice place to visit and to see the history of thamoud or the napti people.
it is very simple to go there by airplane from riyadh direct to alula where you can get hotel and then to alhjer will take 20 min by car or mini bus
The tickets will cost you 1000 sar and the transportation there are mostly rental  with almost same price here.
you can also book for hotel onlineactullay or when you are there.
you can rent 3 star hotel or rent apartment
Nowadays I am there and the weather is very nice and I strongly recommend to visit it in Spring.
for people like camping  It is the place.
any question regarding alhjr are welcomed.

the tickets u meant were airfares for flight only or it includes car or mini bus? rental car..hmmm.. so FEMALE group would have to hire a driver then..did they provide the driver or we have to bring our own male friend as driver..sorry sounds silly question but better get things prepared beforehand what at least to expect.

nada hayah wrote:

the tickets u meant were airfares for flight only or it includes car or mini bus? rental car..hmmm.. so FEMALE group would have to hire a driver then..did they provide the driver or we have to bring our own male friend as driver..sorry sounds silly question but better get things prepared beforehand what at least to expect.

lolololol of course they will provide a driver.

No harm of asking anyway. Dont be sarcastic if u found it not to the par of ur standard.

i'm sorry it's funny, u want to bring a male friend as driver...poor male friend

hamudi wrote:

i'm sorry it's funny, u want to bring a male friend as driver...poor male friend

I found it rather funny as well when my driving license is not valid here. Mb u cud suggest any other way i cud drive here without seeking any help of male friend?

nada hayah wrote:
hamudi wrote:

I found it rather funny as well when my driving license is not valid here. Mb u cud suggest any other way i cud drive here without seeking any help of male friend?

Actually your license is valid, the law doesn't permit you(female)to drive...in the mean time, pls help the drivers who are in need of money by giving them your valuable business.

I dislike spitting in the plate I eat my food...other people spit, I keep on eating .... such is life....

What i ve been taught was to recite prayers before eat and not to spit into the food.

I don't know why this is the third time when I want to post the page auto refreshing and I lost my reply
:(

it is only the airfare
direct flight u can check thru Saudi airline website
and regarding driver , I advise to  take a friend (driver ) instead of hiring driver and car  because it will be more affordable, anyhow it can be done
and the hotel have shuttle service and  tourist guidance but should  to be arranged prior to your trip.
unfortunately  there is only one hotel now and it is somehow overpriced and it is available on booking
but there is many apartments

There is another option which is through AL Medina Almunnorra
it will be more budget friendly  as the airfare is much less and also u have the chance to visit AlMSJED ALNABWI.
from Medina u can rent a car or minibus to alula which will be 3 hour trip (300km)

last option is to go directly from Riyadh by car
Riyadh - qassim-hail-alula-alhjr
330km-260km-400km-22km
total around 1000 km (10hr)

nada hayah wrote:
Emahm wrote:

would you please advise how you made it 2600SAR only for Istanbul 😅😅

yes I managed to keep it within my budget, Alhamdulillah. but of course i didnt dine at fancy cafe. The fish sandwich was our main street food throughout our stay in Istanbul. It was delicious and cheap. I  i went to cappadocia as well. Saved one night in the bus. Recommend you guys to visit turkey. Spend at least 2 days in Istabul to visit Istanbul top sights. To get the short cut sense of Istanbul, dont ever miss the Bosphorus cruise. Dont forget to try the simit and apple tea..my favorite!

i was planning to do this year but after alot of explosives in turkey, thinking seriously to change my designation, if you have any other recommendations based on experience i would be grateful ...

Emahm wrote:
nada hayah wrote:
Emahm wrote:

would you please advise how you made it 2600SAR only for Istanbul 😅😅

yes I managed to keep it within my budget, Alhamdulillah. but of course i didnt dine at fancy cafe. The fish sandwich was our main street food throughout our stay in Istanbul. It was delicious and cheap. I  i went to cappadocia as well. Saved one night in the bus. Recommend you guys to visit turkey. Spend at least 2 days in Istabul to visit Istanbul top sights. To get the short cut sense of Istanbul, dont ever miss the Bosphorus cruise. Dont forget to try the simit and apple tea..my favorite!

i was planning to do this year but after alot of explosives in turkey, thinking seriously to change my designation, if you have any other recommendations based on experience i would be grateful ...

Mmmm I'll be avoiding that area for a while myself... not worth the extra risk when there are so many other lovely countries around to explore!

Hi lady in Riyadh

I have just arrived in Riyadh and would be interested in meeting up with other expats/willing to share costs to hire a driver for excursions etc.

hope to hear from you soon.

Hi everyone.

Hey Educatin...

hi hamudi

Hi Hamudi and Hi Educatin

Are there any more responses in this thread or has the requester found what she was looking for

Hi Guru

I'm wondering too. I'd like to fly out to Riyadh for this event and share a joke a two. After all gotta keep my people entertained

Yes it's a shame. Lots of similar discussions on previous posts but nothing seems to amount to anything!

@Nada Hayah.. of course when you walk with your male friends or BF in public surely you will get stopped by the religious police for several reasons.

1- you are Arab and Muslim or Asian Muslim
2- being aware that Saudi is religious country and not respecting the rules and regulations .

Regarding Western females/males there is no law states to caught them in public places if they are not wearing niqabs nor covering their hairs!! (abaya is enough for westerns).

For Westerns no mutawa nor police religion can ask "if they are married? or living together? or even if they are friends?". Westerns are publically allowed to walk with Westerns partners male/females as long as they are not harming anyone. What important for them is not to do something crazy or stupidity like drinking alcohols, kissing in publics or hugging each others.

They are freely allowed to walk with who ever they want as long as they are Westerns passport holders.

If Lady_In_Riyadh is a Western holding passport then she is safe.

Unless if she is some Muslim background or Arab or Asian passport holder only then she might get adviced and stopped to follow the rules of Saudi Arabia.  But no one gets harmed by mutawas - they only advice you to follow the steps of Saudi law and once you do that they'll leave you without getting in troubles and yes, if you don't listen to them or ignore them then you can get caught (Muslims or non Westerns).

Lady In Riyadh I arrange a parties, events and outdoor tours and activities.  Please let me know if you are interested to join our member so I send you the link to get a membership and be part of the groups

Buttercups2sweet4u wrote:

@Nada Hayah.. of course when you walk with your male friends or BF in public surely you will get stopped by the religious police for several reasons.

2- being aware that Saudi is religious country and not respecting the rules and regulations .

Regarding Western females/males there is no law states to caught them in public places if they are not wearing niqabs nor covering their hairs!! (abaya is enough for westerns).

For Westerns no mutawa nor police religion can ask "if they are married? or living together? or even if they are friends?". Westerns are publically allowed to walk with Westerns partners male/females as long as they are not harming anyone. What important for them is not to do something crazy or stupidity like drinking alcohols, kissing in publics or hugging each others.

They are freely allowed to walk with who ever they want as long as they are Westerns passport holders.

Unless if she is some Muslim background or Arab or Asian passport holder only then she might get adviced and stopped to follow the rules of Saudi Arabia.  But no one gets harmed by mutawas - they only advice you to follow the steps of Saudi law and once you do that they'll leave you without getting in troubles and yes, if you don't listen to them or ignore them then you can get caught (Muslims or non Westerns).

Interesting insight. I'd love to see single male and female go through a security check point if questioned.

hamudi wrote:

Hi Guru

I'm wondering too. I'd like to fly out to Riyadh for this event and share a joke a two. After all gotta keep my people entertained

Wow... there's an event happening?  Someone should invite the original poster, she might war to attend  :lol:

Buttercups2sweet4u wrote:

What?  Seriously?

Again you must understand the "Saudi law". Saudi law takes lightly with the westerns due to fact that westerns don't follow islam nor the islamic sharia. Having said that, it does not mean they are allowed to live as freedomly they live in western countries. The Saudi Government provides freedom environment places such as compounds to live there freedom life and they have all that facilities they feel comfortable with.

I dare challenge if you're western male with your western female passing any check points and someone stops you, even tho there's  no legal relation connects you both.

Unless if you guys are muslim and non westerns then only then you will be stopped.

You cannot compare Saudis or Arabs with the Westerns. Why the Saudi law doesn't allow Saudis to the compounds? Simply because they are not allowed as per the Saudi law. Why the Saudi Government provides western-life compounds for westerns? Simply because they know how the Western life style is. Why the diplomatic quarter district is allowed to walk without abaya for westerns? Simply because the Government provieds you the western environment.

This is the problem of Media they don't publish the facts. All these stories about Saudi Arabia happens only to the Saudis or the Muslim expats and we all as Muslims respect and love the law of Saudi because that is what islam teaches us and that is our islamic sharia.

We as Muslims we support and have no problems with the Saudi law and have nothing against it.

Last but not least, Westerns are always welcome in Saudi Arabia.

And by the way I am not Saudi nor Arab I am Turkish expat lives in Saudi Arabia.

Coming back to our topic westerns will never get questioned anywhere as long as they don't do crazy things which is forbidden in Saudi.

Butter, I would be thankful to you if you could provide us your references regarding Saudi law !!

Saudis are allowed to live at any part of this country :)
Many Saudis are owning apartments in diplomatic quarter district also living in western-life compounds... ( I used to live in a western compound for your kind information ), what I mean, Nothing in the law such things you mentioned,,

Finally, the law in Saudi is applied for all, doesn't matter nationalities/religions.

Have a good day !

Gosh buttercups, what you smoking ????? give me some of that pls

1) Saudis are allowed to compounds at the request of the resident, there is no such law that prohibits them from entering. A US military compound in Jeddah and whole bunch of consulate have that "said" regulation but Saudis are always there.
2) Yes the westerners have an upper hand, yes they can go to malls together, dinner, coffee, etc etc, but if questioned by relative authority(and unmarried) they will be taken into custody, and then let free after a hassle of going through lot of drama.
3) The DQ is not a place for one to roam freely, it's a facility to have all diplomatic missions in one area. Since it's diplomat controlled the laws of Saudi don't apply.
4) Many Saudi women don't wear the Niqab or Hijab they just wear the abaya.

Will you please proivde me the name kf compound you lived in?

@Hamudi yes Saudis are allowed in DQ but most of them are diplomatic personalities and this doesn't mean if you are not diplomat personality you can't live. Yes you can but the priority is for diplomats.

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : you are off topic

But getting back to the topic... expat or not, yes, it is difficulty to arrange social meetings.

However I am having a pool party / BBQ on 22nd April.  You all are invited. Pm me if you guys are interested

Hi everybody,

Please note that i have removed some off topic posts from this thread.
If you wish to talk on an another subject, i invite you to launch a new thread but please make sure that all information shared are relevant.

I invite you to have a look at the initiators post again :

Lady_in_riyadh wrote:

Hello everyone,

Workaholic looking to make better use of her downtime!

Very much missing my circle of friends at home so I need to start meeting people.  Take a chance right?

Dinner, walks, chats? Who is in Riyadh?

Girls and guys.

:D

Thank you,

Priscilla

--------------

@ Lady_in_riyadh > Our events section might help you to organise events as it gives much more visibility to your gathering and you have the option to invite members from your contact list. :) I invite you to try it.

Thanks,

Priscilla

you are most welcome if you are in Jeddah I will take you to the sea side and show you some more and you will never feel alone
good look and have nice tour

What did i miss? My email inundated with notifications from this forum. So lady in riyadh i guess u can join mr buttercup2sweet4u pool and bbq party. But if u happen to be in KL just pm me and ill take u arnd KL insyaAllah. Ok guys take care.

ok

hi..please pm me..just for friend..

hi am here in riyadh > :)

I am in Riyadh and will like to meet with friends.

I look forward to receiving a reply from you.

Thanks & Warm regards,
Dr. EMAVWODIA O.

Moderated by Julien 6 years ago
Reason : for your own safety, please use the private message system to share your contact details
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi all

I'm looking for friendship i need that really i'm here feeling so bad in riyadh

Moderated by Christine 6 years ago
Reason : promoting freely your services is not allowed on the forum
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct