Thinking NZ? Think Napier!

If you are thinking of moving to New Zealand, consider moving to Napier on the sunny East Coast! 
The local council has just launched a great information campaign featuring 56 Napier families and individuals who have recently emigrated here from 19 different countries.
You can check out their personal videos at:
youtube.com/user/NapierLife
And ask them questions directly on the Napier Life blog site:
napierlife.com/index.php?cid=diary/my_life/summary

This promotional post has been approved by site administrators.

Wha..? Christchurch is the best. Period. :D

'lo folks :)

I see Iain got here before me - I was going to post MY Napier video (youtube.com/watch?v=dwwQw1JSSzs), as part of the big Napier Life campaign competition :)

But aside from that, not having lived anywhere else in New Zealand since immigrating from South Africa, we're really loving living in Napier.

Jonnyha - I tried Christchurch for a day - almost froze to death! :P

Napier, I went there once. Great place for flying a kite ;) not so great if you don't like gang culture, or want to keep your kids away from it. Google "Napier gangs" and you'll see what I mean.

What about living in Wellington? Can anyone share their experience living in central Wellington? Thinking of buying a 1bedroom apartment there, and hope to move there in a few years' time...prefer city living. I also read that the Botanic
Gardens is within walking distance from central Wellington? A 20-30mins walk is no problem for me as I love NZ weather, even the summer where it isn't as hot and humid as in Singapore where I live. Any national parks or reserves within the 20-30mins walk from Central Wellington?
Thanka!!

Napier as a town is far from the madding crowd or so it seems. My son studied viticulture in Napier and had a great time when there. Mind you after finishing he left to go to the big smoke in London. I think it is very much a town which the older generation can enjoy. The surroundings are stunning, there is a cultural scene, the wineries are excellent and the food and restaurant scene is exceptional for a place of this size. There is a cool and contempary art scene, but it is not as cool as that in other more bigger places. However, this year's artist for the mission concert will be Sting, how do you top that?
As in every other place in the world there is a dark side to Napier as well and that is its gang culture.
My times in Napier were the happiest in my life and my heart is definitely there. I will visit it on a regular basis. Coming down from the hills into Eskdale is just wonderful.
If I had to end my days in Napier, I wouldn't mind! :)